Sanctuary issues weirdist compilation ever!

spawn

Apr 14, 2001
MEGADETH To Issue Posthumous Compilation CD - Aug. 31, 2002

On September 10th, MEGADETH will issue a posthumous CD, entitled Still, Alive... And Well?, containing studio and live recordings spanning their entire career, including previously unreleased live performances of "Use The Man" and "Conjuring". The album will surface via Sanctuary Records.

The title of the CD was chosen by frontman Dave Mustaine himself. "You may want to know how I named the record," he states in the record's sleeve-notes. "Well, one of the dumbest questions that I was ever asked by an interviewer, and it happened more than once, was: 'What do you want written on your tombstone?' I told them, 'That I am still, alive and well!' "

The complete track listing for the album is as follows:

01. Time/Use The Man (live)
02. Conjuring (live)
03. In My Darkest Hour (live)
04. Sweating Bullets (live)
05. Symphony Of Destruction (live)
06. Holy Wars (live)
07. Moto Psycho
08. Dread And Fugitive Mind
09. Promises
10. The World Needs A Hero
11. Burning Bridges
12. Return To Hangar

6 songs from TWNAH and 6 live songs. WTF? :confused: Conjuring would be the only rare live song on there if im not mistaken (Coops, correct me if im wrong!)

This is just really bizzare, even for a moneymaking exercise :)

I'm sure you remember my interview with Dave, Coops, in which he explained how unsatisfactory the Capitol compilation was... here he is with the opportunity to make a decent one, with his own input, and he baulks!

*shame*

But its SO weird! If it was a Greatest Hits Dave picked, I could understand it, if it was a repackaging of the Hidden Treasures albums along with bsides etc. No problem. But this is just bizzare :confused:

What's bizzare is the fact that they're using 2 of the weakest tracks from TWNAH, Promises & The World Needs A Hero.

That's Wierd. :confused:

They should do one like Brucies solo best of, with an extra cd of stuff, that would rock.

Originally posted by Goreripper
I'm sure you remember my interview with Dave, Coops, in which he explained how unsatisfactory the Capitol compilation was... here he is with the opportunity to make a decent one, with his own input, and he baulks!

*shame*

Originally posted by Sydo
Megadeth must owe Sanctuary more albums..

Which makes me think it's more Sanctuary's doing than anything. I'm sure record contracts are written up so that bands don't owe the record company anything. The contract merely prevents a band from releasing anything with another company. The record company who a band is signed to own the rights of anything that band may record while under that contract, but they aren't owed anything as such.

Sanctuary don't own the rights to any of the band's recordings prior to TWNAH, so basically where as Capitol Punishment was a greatest hits from when they were on Capitol (note the lack of an songs from KIMBABIG on that), this new CD is the Sanctuary equivalent... which when Megadeth have released only one studio and one live album is pretty stupid.

[color=#AOEOOA]Actually Megadeth signed a 4 record deal with Sanctuary.

Which by my calculations makes this the 4th release under sanctuary (TWNAH + 2 disc RA)

So thats why.[/color]

It's also gotta make you wonder why Dave would want anything to do with this material after it's (imo) largely the reason he 'retired' in the first place.
Unless of course the live tracks sound 100x's better than Rude Awakening.

Aside from the CD the most important thing is what Dave said about himself....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"As for me, my arm is continuing to heal according to the Doctor's projections and I have even been picking up the guitar every now and then. I am getting excited to start playing and writing again. Trust me, you'll be hearing from me soon.

"I would like to say thanks to everyone for supporting the band, for your understanding of my position and the decision I had to make, for all of your encouragement while I was healing, and rest assured that you haven't heard the last of MEGADETH or Dave Mustaine."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sure as hell hope he can comeback! And Megadeth reform so i cam see them live as i finally fucken turned 18!

By the way whats the deal with the Rude Awakening DVD? I haven't seen it released anywhere?
Anybody know anything?

Check JB. I've seen it there a few times in the Brisbane store, so (I'm guessing) it's more than likely available at the Melbourne one.

The thing that pissed me off the most about the Megadeth split was that I never got to see them live, and they toured here, but I was a few months under 18. :mad:

If the rest of the band are apparently together doing stuff, then I guess it is a possibility that Dave could hook bakc up with them. My inicial thought was that, if they have Marty back playing metal again, why don't they just have Marty and Al playing guitars and Dave on vocals?? Anyway, I DO believe we will hear from him again! :headbang: