favourite Anthrax show?

antwax

Senile Member
Apr 5, 2005
Hi,
I've seen Anthrax live a couple of times...first time was on State of Euphoria -tour they headlined Giants of Rock Festival in Finland, then year later they supported Iron Maiden after Persistence of Time album had come out...then their disappeared for a while...and finally came back with John Bush and played at Tavastia club here in Helsinki. After that it took again couple of years since I saw them again live...next time was at Sweden Rock Festival...after We've Come For You All...saw them twice during that tour...and then came reunion...saw them once in Helsinki...

Out of those concerts I think that the gig at Tavastia was the best one. Tavastia is kinda small club so the show was very intimate and intense. Charlie's drumkit filled the half of stage...Stomp had just come out and they had Paul Crook on lead guitar instead of Dan, didn't know why back then... Scott was filled will tattoos...:) John had shorts, sunglasses, bowler hat and sort of dancing shoes and he moved a bit like Mike Muir...Frankie was running around that very small stage and hitting the others with his bass...:) they didn't go away from stage for encore...oh memories...:)

What your favourite Anthrax show? And why? :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

T:)

Hi,

funny, I´ve seen Anthrax almost parallel to you. First time was 1989 here in Hamburg at the Dock's with Suicidal Tendencies, then in Hannover supporting Maiden on the POT tour, next time on the Stomp tour here at the Markthalle, then Sweden Rock 2003 - right behind you...:) - and after that on the reunion tour. My favourite gig must be 1989, I was young, we were a bunch of about 12-15 people celebrating the gig together and the band was brillant. Tendencies too. Next is Sweden Rock. The Stomp-Tour-gig is my least favourite, I must confess. Missed Dan's leads back then and did not like the Classics-Medley. Nevertheless this has been great, too. They´ve always been one of the best live bands around.

Cheers!

2004 Australia MOMD tour. Sadly no Bello though, but they wiped both Killswitch Engage and Soilwork off the floor.

Yeah I saw them with Joey Vera opening for Dio, the last time I saw them. It was technically the GOTE tour, though I still count that as the WCFYA era. The first time I saw them was when they toured with Ripper-era Priest - it was technically pre-WCFYA era, but since they were playing "Superhero" live on that tour, I count it as WCFYA era.

With Bush ....
Anthrax and Death Angel
House of Blues in Hollywood.

With Joey

Anthrax Reunion Tour show
House of Blues Chicago..
With My daughter and a lot of old skool board members..........

anthrax lamours brooklyn thanksgiving eve 1985(?) with Cities and overkill . anthrax we've come for you all tour at Irving Plaza with Lacuna Coil.

During the Volume 8 tour they played in a little whole in the wall called the Flying Machine in Lorain, OH. Great fucking show, The venue made it feel like the show was a frat party or something, because it was a house that was converted into a bar/club.

I was on stage and got to scream into the mic during Hy Pro Glo. Great f'n show.

The Paradise in Boston, Killer A's Tour. The one Joey backed out of. They played well over two hours. Killer set, highlights included Crush , Potters Field ,I am The Man, Be All End ALL and Metal Thrashing Mad just to name a few. Fu Man Chu Opened.

My 1st show was theire biggest headlineshow in The Netherlands, Rijnhal Arnhem 1988, soldout 5000 people, Suicidal Tendencies supporting!
Other highlight were the Bring The Noize tour with Public Enemy and theire Stomp tour Amsterdam Paradiso were I took over the stage during Bring tha Noize and sang the whole song with Scott!

Port Chester, NY. Fall of 1998 touring the Volume 8 record, very small club. The club even blow a fuse in the middle of a song... I forget which one it was lol. Totally awesome show. Another great show would have to be Northern Lights in Albany NY... the day I got arrested for drinking and driving and Scott and the guys drove past me and didn't know it was me... yeah... the next night was funny.... kinda LOL

Ive seen Anthrax a lot of times, but it was from 1991-2008..etc

My favorite was probably Anthrax opening for Iron Maiden at the Meadowland's 1991 for Persistence of Time

Next show was a smaller club w/ John Bush and Fight (Rob Halford) opened up for Anthrax. That was a totally kickass show!

Edit: Over the years I actually seen Dimebag Darrell make a guest appearance on stage for Anthrax, and vise versa, - Scott Ian make a guest appearance for Pantera on stage

My favorite Anthrax show is the Three Ring Circus they have been putting on for the last 4 years.

Clash of the Titans, Weedsport NY

Kick ass day, it was 80ish, in July I believe considering I skipped summer school the next day, sunny and a perfect day for moshing. Alice in Chains opened , Layne Staley was quite pissed at the crowd for chanting Slayer throughout the set. Slayer was next and the pit was just brutal. Anthrax followed and played flawlessly and considering Joey was playing to a home crowd he was especially on fire. Megadeth closed and by this point everyone was pretty much wiped out, which is good considering they are less of a mosh pit type band. The perfect concert for the height of the thrash movement. All bands were supporting their best and biggest albums and each played flawlessly

Seen them on all UK tours since SOE in 88 / 89, and two really stick out. Firstly supporting Maiden at Ingleston in Edinburgh on POT (big clock, opened with Time, amazing), and secondly the first proper WCFYA Scottisf gig at the Barras in Glasgow. Balck Dalhia was second song that night I think.

The also supported Motohead a few months beofr and opened with Among... and previewed Superhero, which was also great:headbang: