Favourite Beatles song

Me faves are Helter Skelter, While my guitar... , Eleanor Rigby, Back in the USSR and The Long and Winding Road ( is it a Beatles or a Wings song this one ? )

hard to say cos they are both brilliant and both different. the night before, that was my instant reaction, across the universe though, the words and that...i'd say it might be a dead heat

@Bastet: You mean "She's Leaving Home" from sgt. peper's.... I suppose :)

Well, how can you say which is the best Beatles song? They are so different, there's such variety in their work, I can't even compare the songs. But a few would be "Across The Universe", "While My Guitar Gently Weeps", "Strawberry Fields Forever", "Golden Slumbers".......

But I like their early songs as well: "I'm Happy just to Dance with You", "The Night Before", "It's Only Love", "You're Going To Lose That Girl", "Another Girl", "Girl" (all the "girl"s, in a few words) and most of Harrison's songs.

BTW, "Across The Universe" has the best connection between lyrics and music in the rock history, in my opinion. UNBELIEVABLE! :)

i havent listened to the beatles since i was a kid so its almost like nursery rhymes to me now, plus i heard the lyrics all wrong as a nipper. I got whacked once by me da for listening to Hey jude over and over with me little bro'. the silly little ballix was so moved by it after the tenth time that he started crying so me da presumed i upset him and twatted me for it :lol: fucking beatles.:yell:

i reckon fool on the hill is the best song i know. or across the universe