• Phoenix Rising

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Cold Steel... for an Iron Age

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Terror Abraxas

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters
Life Sucks said:
Destroyer 666 are not a thrash band. It's wierd how many people see them as one.

I strongly agree with this to the point where it irks me when I see them mentioned in Thrash recommendation threads.

Life Sucks said:
Destroyer 666 are not a thrash band. It's wierd how many people see them as one.

Note that I'm the only person who said "thrashy" in this thread, and I did say just that; "thrashy", not "thrash". I'd say they're a bit of a hybrid.

Gallantry over Docility said:
Note that I'm the only person who said "thrashy" in this thread, and I did say just that; "thrashy", not "thrash". I'd say they're a bit of a hybrid.
I wasn't referring to you. But many people do think they are thrash, like those guys over at metal archives who only listen to thrash and power metal, but like Destroyer 666.

Erik said:
The awesome thing about Deströyer 666 is how they just embody all that is metal. They appeal to fans of black metal, death metal, trad metal, thrash metal, epic pagan metal, yet they are really none of the above. They have intelligent lyrics and come off as having a rather well thought out ideology in interviews and such, yet they're not afraid to drink beer and bang their heads in denim vests. They're one of those terribly rare bands that will appeal to both The Metal Inquisition and ANUS.com fanboys :lol:

Well said.