7. Manni Schmidt
8. Aley Beyrodt
9. Michael Weikath
10. Jesper Strömblad/Björn Gelotte

My top 3 metal guitarists that have influenced me most to play guitar are
1. Alexi Laiho
2. Jesper Stromblad
3. Jon Shaffer

All very unique and different from eachother!

Lead guitarists:

Chuck Schuldiner
Paul Masvidal
Michael Amott
Andy LaRocque
James Murphy
Blackheim
Kai Hansen

Rhythm guitarists:

Chuck Schuldiner
Eric Peterson
Jim Durkin
Eric Meyer

Edited because I'm a big damn fool who forgets give respect where it's due.

I'm not a guitarist and I can't tell if what they play is difficult or easy, so I can't judge them on their technical qualities, but damn, Alexi sure knows how to play guitar!

Hmm... My favorite guitarists? Well, that's simple Criss Oliva from Savatage until he died in 1993... But now I'm gonna have to say that Chris Caffrey who took over as guitarist for Savatage is my favorite. Although, I still think Criss was better... So Criss Oliva is my favorite, he's an awesome solo artist! :headbang:

To me is Kirk Hammett.

To me the solos in Kill´em All, Ride the Lighting and Master of Puppets, are the best solos played ever. Not because they are difficult (and some of them are REALLY difficult), but the feeling. For example, the solo on Fade to Black. It´s impossible to make something better.

KIRK HAMMETT!!!!
:headbang:

Originally posted by Zicrom
To me is Kirk Hammett.

To me the solos in Kill´em All, Ride the Lighting and Master of Puppets, are the best solos played ever. Not because they are difficult (and some of them are REALLY difficult), but the feeling. For example, the solo on Fade to Black. It´s impossible to make something better.

KIRK HAMMETT!!!!
:headbang:

Dude, I don't wanna spoil your party but the solo's you mention were written by Dave Mustain when he still played in Metallica.

Shure, the Kirk dude still had to learn them. But look how his playing got worse every album. Wha wha wha what can I say.

Sorry to let you know...

1. Jensen - The Haunted/Witchery
2. Andreas Kisser & Max Cavalera - Sepultura (1984-1993)
3. James Hetfield - Metallica (Old material)
4. Galder - Old Man's Child (damn he picks fast)
5. August - Ex-Arcturus (Better solos than Laiho! Unbe-fuckin-lievable)

Originally posted by Hawk

Dude, I don't wanna spoil your party but the solo's you mention were written by Dave Mustain when he still played in Metallica.

Shure, the Kirk dude still had to learn them. But look how his playing got worse every album. Wha wha wha what can I say.

Sorry to let you know...

Heya. In Kil em All Mustaine and Hammet are the two guitars. Mustanine split with Metallica and created MegaDeth. In Ride the Lightnin' the singer is playing the guitar with Hammet. BTW Mustaine splits up before the publication of Kill em All...