Favourite metal guitarist.........

Originally posted by Zicrom
OH MY GOD!!! I forgot one more!!!

Paco de Lucia

The best "Spanish guitar" player ever by far.

Dude you've got taste. Do you have the "Satarday night in San Fransisco" disc?

Too bad you like Metallica :rolleyes:

Your damn right about the "hammet solo thing" the mechanix solo is totally diferent to the four horsemen solo.

The best rythm guitarists
James Hetfield
Alexander Kuopala

Solo/rythm
Chuck Shuldiner
Andreas Kisser
Dave Murray
Christopher/mike ammot

Solo
Kirk Hammet
Timo tolkki

non metal
jason becker

Originally posted by Storm

LoL that's because he d/led an mp3 of it. Some dumbfuck put Coward's Dead End on a couple of ripped mp3s and now they populate about 50 percent of the mp3's under that title all over the net on file sharing networks. That's one of the downsides to file sharing. Whoever did that originally should just be taken out back and shot. :cool:

NO way!! Dude!! I have the album. I did NOT d/l it. Its is just that I put my albums on my HD so I can play them without looking for the damn cd everytime I want to hear it. It has been uploaded wrong in the CDD database. THATS why I got the wrong title.

:mad:

I seen joe satriani only one time here (which is abnormal hehe)
so here is my favorties :

Joe Satriani (about time ;)) and he looks like it now --> :cool: )
Alexi "that damn good wildchild" Lahio
Jonh Petrucci
Malmsteen
Steve Vai

and some others...

Originally posted by American Alexi
these are my favorites...not necessarily the best...

Alexi Laiho
Steve Vai
Paul Gilbert
Randy Rhoads
Roope Latvala
John Petrucci

huh i see on your avatar that you have a megadeth t-shirt and not even dave mustaine in the list of your fav guitarist ? :D

Alexi Laiho
Zakk Wylde
Dimebag Darrel
Jon Shaffer
James Hetfield
Chuck Shuldiner
Jeff Hanneman
Trey Azagthoth
Pat O'Brien
Jack Owen

1. Jeff Loomis - Nevermore
2. Chris Amott - Arch Enemy
3. Steve Vai
4. Dimebag Darrell - Pantera
5. Mikael Akerfeldt - Opeth
6. Jesper Stromblad - In Flames
7. Chuck Shuldiner - Death
8. Kirk Hammett - Metallica (Justice)
9. Randy Rhoads - Ozzy
10. Marty Friedman - (Rust)
11. Anders Nystrom - Katatonia

For mee in therms of tecnic and songwritting i would have to say Jason Becker...it's the most complete guitar player i know...NO ONE can compete with him in sweep picking...his progressive riffs are amazing...his scale runs are at malmsteen level...his taps are so beautifull...the speed...well lets just say he can compete with yngwie ... but this wouldnt matter if it sounded like shit... but it rules...becker is an incredible songwritter and incorporate any stile of music in his songs...

If you dont believe me listen to his album "Perpetual Burn" i garantee even if you are used to ultra extreme complicated guitar shreding you will be impressed by his music especialy his arppegio runs...

But my fav in songwritting is Jesper Stromblad :)