Favourite metal music video?

*ATG - Blinded By Fear (Wraaagh! pure energy!)

*Dissection - Where Dead Angels Lie (cheesy, but whatta hell!)

*Satyricon - Mother North (even more cheesy, even more "I don´t frekkin care...!")

And I do like the simplicity of the Hedon video... Great one...:)

-phyros out-

I've seen the video! And at that stage in their careers, Hecate Enthroned were in no place to take the piss out of themselves(that being the first song they ever released - trying to make an impression et al?). I could go on and on her but to be honest, I think I'll go and watch the video again!

DAve:lol:

So in reality, its a fuckin hilarious video! In reality, you should lighten up a little! Your looking for arguements where none exist. If you want to provoke a discussion you should find a thread with a less comedic nature.:rolleyes:

Dave

So in reality, its a fuckin hilarious video! In reality, you should lighten up a little! Your looking for arguements where none exist. If you want to provoke a discussion you should find a thread with a less comedic nature

I believe you that it's hilarious but you base your whole argument about them being serious about it into the fact that you think it's so.

My favourite metal video is probably SLAYER - "Seasons In The Abyss".
It was filmed in Egypt around these big pyramids! The video has this great atmosphere and cool feeling. So powerful and impressive video and the songs is one of the best songs ever, so i go for this video! :)

Some good videos:

- Dream Theater's Merry Christmas 2000 (thank ya FatherMelon, Crazy Wizo is my own hero!)

- Crash Test Dummies .- "MMMMM" (absolutely non-metal, but a great one for me)

- SteelHeart .- "She's Gone" and "Sticky Side Up"

@Phyre, remember: Don't be Dani Filth (101 rules of the true blacker really... rules! XD)

I was about to wonder that no one mentioned Metallica's One but then somebody spoiled the fun. One is best, then come Satyricon's Mother North and then Judas Priest's Breaking The Law!!! I mean that the Breaking The Law is just too hilarious to be a metal video! Robbing a bank with guitars and then stealing gold albums from the vault! After all it came 20 years ago so what could be expected?

Originally posted by mourningstar
my incurably childish side is in love with the dog (no, not the singer, the hairy one)in "sentenced - killing me killing you".

I have always thought that Ville was attractive for some reason... not that it would make me like the video though...

as for others... I don't know. I refuse to watch television and the "metal" music video show here plays too much Korn and such... I can't stand to watch 10 rap-metal videos to see one good one...

P.S. The 101 rules of black metal is funny! :lol:
Oops, I broke the rule to only use the smilie :(

Tool:Schism
Metallica:Until It Sleeps (nice video IMO)

These aren't metal videos, but are great videos nonetheless, in my opinion:

Stone Temple Pilots:Sour Girl
Nine Inch Nails:Closer
Matthew Goodband:Apparitions

Cradle of Filth - Her Ghost in the Fog, thats a good video.

Also Smashing Pumpkins - Tonight, Tonight is another awesome video.

Anyone know where I can get At the Gates: Blinded by Fear and Sentenced: Killing me Killing You? I can never find em on my file swap programs.

Note: Ok I found a real media version of Blinded by Fear ( :headbang: pure energy, headbanged quite a bit watching it) but anyone still know where I can get an mpeg version of it because its so damn jittery, i hate real player.

I have Blinded By Fear in mpg format. Contact me if you want it.

Phyre, what videos you have?
I have about 20 videos too and I'm always looking for more. Videos I have are mostly found from kazaa. So there's nothing unordinary. Some In Flames, CoF and so on.

I never liked videos that much... but my favorite is Blinded By Fear by the mighty At The Gates, basically beacuse the song is amazing, and the video keeps somehow that feeling of the song, and its intensity... I never saw Zodijackyl Light or Hedon... any link? I like the videos for One by the 'tallica of old, Jesus Christ Pose by Soundgarden, Emperor's The Loss... (while I agree that it's somewhat cheesy, but what the hell, the song is great!), and the one for Roswell 47 by Hypocrisy... and that for Amorphis's Against Widows... Samael's Jupiterian Vibe (but not Baphomet's Throne... just live footage...)
ach... I was forgetting Tool!!!! their videos are simply insane and quite disturbing...
I find quite ugly Only For The Weak by In Flames...

my list sucks ass but prolly cuz I have dial up and havent been lookin for videos that long.

At the Gates - Blinded by Fear.mpg
At the Gates - Kingdom Gone.rm
Children of Bodom - Everytime I Die.mpg
Children of Bodom - Lake Bodom (live).mpg
Cradle of Filth - Her Ghost in the Fog.mpg
Dark Tranquillity - Punish my Heaven (live).rm
Dissection - Storm of the Lights Bane (live).rm
Iced Earth - Melancholy (live? :D ).mpg
In Flames - Only for the Weak.mpg
In Flames - Graveland/Moonshield (live).mpg

Wanted:

Sentenced - Killing me Killing You
Dark Tranquillity - ThereIn

I have Haven damnit! No video on it! Phyre man! Hook me up with the Killing me... video! Pwetty please!!?!?!? :lol: , I mean if you have an FTP or something could i possibly get it someway or another?

Also, huge thanks to qsilver for hooking me up with the ATG: Blinded by Fear mpeg video, I look at it in a whole new light and fuck the video just fuckin slays (2:52? Fuck I never realized how fuckin short that song is.......) Fuck fuck.......and fuck! :loco: