Favourites

madgirl

Real World's Mad Girl
Ok, had an idea... lets get this discussion going!

I am sure this has been done over the years..

but hey, lets get a new one out there.

We have 2 ep's and 2 albums to go on these days.

What are your favourite

1) solos
2)vocal parts
3)lyrics

Hell anything you love about 54 - and gives you shivers!!!

I have many and could obsess for hours so by the time i have mine written, we may have some replies here ;)

here is a great reason to randomly post about the mighty metal awesomness ;)

(Can you tell i am INSANELY excited about May 13th?)

OOoooohhhhhhh!!!!!

Solos - Overload/Beckoning Of The end. its a toughie!

Vocal parts - i love personal gain for lakis' vocals. Though i think steve shines on the new material with his death vocals!

Lyrics. the whole of This Is The end Of Everything or ...And The Last embrace.... world-class.

Ah sod it, i just love the band. be great to see em live soon, im amazingly over-excited! :lol:

Solo...Time Takes No Pain how the guitar just bursts through playin the piano tune..sweeeet..OR if I can have it the piano solo/outro of This Is The End Of Everything! But I'm assuming we're on guitar terms?

Vocal Parts....13 Shades

Lyrics...Another Life

Anything 54 man

Tony said:
OOoooohhhhhhh!!!!!

Solos - Overload/Beckoning Of The end. its a toughie!

The song Beckoning of the End doesn't have any solos - the whole song is like one epic intrumental journey (yeah, I know it's not an instrumental, but it's structured almost like it was). But no solos...

Solo has gotta be the duet/solo o_O guitars in In My Blood - or maybe Deeve's Living a Lie solo...

Vocals have to be the new Losing Grip vocals from Lakis - I was utterly staggered at the individual harmony parts, and the harmony itself works amazingly well.

Lyrics... I'm a fan of Personal Gain - so much anger and frustration, and all so quick fire. "...And Justice for the Last Embrace" (or something :p ) is a close second on that.

D'oh! Youre right. theres a guitar part which i ADORE though in that track, which is what i mean. However short of getting the track times (im far too lazy!) i will have to refer to it as 'ooooh, that bit' ;)

You poppin upto Notts for the gig?

MattBlack said:
Vocals have to be the new Losing Grip vocals from Lakis - I was utterly staggered at the individual harmony parts, and the harmony itself works amazingly well.

QUOTE]

ABSOLUTLEY!

not had chance to complete my obsession session - but that most totally features in there - along with vox on Along with this is the end of everything

And "Without you" on the "fear inside" ep.

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ok..
I shall breath for a small while ;)

I'm not really sure about any of the answers. I just don't think that Area 54 can cut it in the Solo/Vocal/Lyrics department :loco:

Where to Hide has great lyrics for the first album, Overload kills all songs on the album as a whole, Vocals has to be the Face of all your Fears. 13 Shades for Solo! Herman Li, eat your shredding heart out!

On Beckoning of the End, Another Life and This is the End of Everything for vocals, Title track for best song/best drumming/musical changes/everything, Lyrics........the whole album, but if I have to choose, Living a Lie and Personal Gain (but don't make me choose). Solo... In my Blood! It's soooooo fucking old school, I just want to raise my goblet to the kings of metal! Finger tapping all the way to hell, you motherfuckers!

New EP, well, Losing Grip wins on lyrics, My Hate on vocals (just), coolest "throw me a gun" sound effect - my hate (mwahahahaha), coolest black metal-ish bass playing - losing grip, drumming - the 1million bpm intro bit on losing grip BUT also the hi-hat blast at the start of my hate; you just know the song is going to violate you in many sexy ways! Best deeve moment - whenever he screams, best piano intro to losing grip - Losing Grip. Solo ALSO goes to...... losing grip. I am biased. It's the lyrics. They make me cry.

I added the extra bits because I feel they are valid! Also, new album title? I'm hoping "Fuck off you posing mainstream CUNTS. Please, thanks." Either that, or "Mutliated beyond recognition by the myriad-damned tentacles of Cthulhu, whilst chained by the intestines to the icen snowpeaks of Khazad-Dum, as Years-Forgotten warlords chant their battlecries to the amassing dark hordes of the North." And the whole album is a single 72 minute alternating guitar/drum solo.

I would buy eleven copies.

"Mutilated Beyond Recognition" for short! Although, that makes them sound like an old school death metal band...

Maybe that's not such a bad thing! hehe

Son of Metalman said:
I'm not really sure about any of the answers. I just don't think that Area 54 can cut it in the Solo/Vocal/Lyrics department :loco:

Andy: Eh? Can't cut it? Apart from the overuse of the word "suicide" on the early stuff, I'd have to disagree. ;o)

Son of Metalman said:
new album title? "Mutliated beyond recognition by the myriad-damned tentacles of Cthulhu, whilst chained by the intestines to the icen snowpeaks of Khazad-Dum, as Years-Forgotten warlords chant their battlecries to the amassing dark hordes of the North."

Isn't that by Bal-Sagoth?

andy