FEAR FACTORY REUNION WITH DINO!

Actually I think Raymond was pretty tight on that vid, if anything its the terrible excuse of multi sampling on the kick which makes it sounds weird.

Why? Gene owns Raymond in every way........Personally I think Ray is not so good (if you watch some live videos, you can hear all his mistakes with the kick)
And Christian is a shitty bass player, very dirty and not tight at all

Who were you actually replying to with this? If it was Gojira_ then you misread him, he was stating it would be ridiculously good WITH Gene.

Anyways, back on topic......I love the older Fear Factory stuff, and I completely lost interest when they reformed without Dino, I never liked Christians attitude, so I'm kinda happy they're not using him. I think Gene will be a great replacement for Raymond, and Byron is a fucking beast.

Why? Because I think Gene is a better drummer than Raymond?
Or because I think Christian is a shitty bass player?
You can check it by yourself watching some clip on youtube....I remember some live clips where Christian played completelly out of time, with a shitty picking style, untight as fuck.

No, I'm not saying you're wrong or right. it just ain't cool. You have any idea what Herrera did for metal? And you're here bashing him. That shit's hella weak. It just has no place here. Whatever.

oh fuck yeah. someone pinch me. i thought the day would never come! i for sure thought christian had his grip on the band for good! if they put out another pile of shit like transgression id puke up LIVE PUPPIES shooting poison arrow frogs out thier asses. Archetype i liked, but it seemed like christian was just going for "what would dino do?". the video "lessons" of christian "teaching" how to play Slave Labour is hilarious. *sloppy playing* pause *sloppy playing* ...... "I gotta warm up for a while before i do that..." hehe.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8jomTpGZ5o&feature=related[/ame]

Why? Gene owns Raymond in every way........Personally I think Ray is not so good (if you watch some live videos, you can hear all his mistakes with the kick)
And Christian is a shitty bass player, very dirty and not tight at all

?

Why are you questioning what I said? Did I say Hoglan is a bad drummer? I said the opposite, but I assume you didn't understand it.

Why? Because I think Gene is a better drummer than Raymond?
Or because I think Christian is a shitty bass player?
You can check it by yourself watching some clip on youtube....I remember some live clips where Christian played completelly out of time, with a shitty picking style, untight as fuck.

Check this video and listen the last part (expecialy Raymond's kick)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WyI_lrvPwE&feature=related

I'm sorry but, what's wrong with Raymond's playing in that video? I think he did a great job, much better than most live drummers in most metal bands. Yes the kick is triggered and is upfront in your face while everything is buried in the back, which makes you focus on tiny anal details on the kick, when in reality, most drummers play MUCH worse than that live.

If you want it to sound quantized and perfect like on albums, just listen to the album instead.

And speaking of faulty kick drumming, check out Hoglan when he fucks up All Hail the new Flesh. It starts off good (around 1:40 or so), but he quickly goes into flam-mode on the kicks and just plays sloppy. I don't give a shit though, it's live! I find it awesome anyway, almost even more because of that.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, I'm not saying you're wrong or right. it just ain't cool. You have any idea what Herrera did for metal? And you're here bashing him. That shit's hella weak. It just has no place here. Whatever.

No, I'm not bashing him. I'm the first fan of Fear Factory, Demanufacture and Obsolete are 2 of my favourite album of all time. But for me Gene is a better drummer...that's all. :)
Moreover, you know well that on the cd a drummer could be a monster but live, the same drummer, could be way worse. I'm not saying that he's a shitty drummer....but I heard so many live performances where he didn't play very well

?

Why are you questioning what I said? Did I say Hoglan is a bad drummer? I said the opposite, but I assume you didn't understand it.

Sorry...I misanderstood your definition of "ridicolous" (I thought it was in a negative sense)

Guys, I admit that my theory is so shitty...so, we can stop the Ray vs Gene battle :)

Sorry...I misanderstood your definition of "ridicolous" (I thought it was in a negative sense)

Guys, I admit that my theory is so shitty...so, we can stop the Ray vs Gene battle :)

Hehe no problem dude.

Yes I used a "negative" word, but you sometimes do that (I guess it must even occur in italian as well... every language does it more or less sometimes?) to be a bit sarcastic and really mean the opposite. It's a way to uhm... I don't know, play with the language? :)

Excited about this project as a huge fan of both FF and SYL.

Oh yeah, im really excited as well! this is a dream line up for me like, i hope for a all out, balls to the wall, old school fear factory album.. no compromise, no bullshit, nothing.. just what they have done on the first three-four albums.

Haha yes that's it :D

Here I am, trying to be all fancy with the english language and I can't even remember "word play", or even something dumbed down like "play of words".

Ah well anyway, back on topic, hooray, yeay! This project is gonna be awesome :) Seriously.

We all knew you thought of foreplay first, then got sidetracked ;).