FEAR FACTORY REUNION WITH DINO!

That jizz in my pants music video was awesome :)

About the "reunion", it's definitely weird without Herrera & Christian (btw i didn't find them "shockingly" sloppy at all in the videos showed before), but Byron is already a good FF member and Gene Hoglan can do something great.

I just hope they'll write amazing stuff like during the Demanufacture & Obsolete era (btw Digimortal was with Dino and it was very average so it's not about "Dino = good FF songs" for me...).

Fear Factory during the Obsolete tour (with Will Haven) back around 98-99' was actually the first metal gig i went to, and that was an awesome show.
About Burton's singing, i think it sounds great on records when he's nailing it, but live he can go from decent (especially for screaming) to ghetto (especially for clean vocals), and it's been for years, so i just don't understand how he doesn't try to fix that ...

That jizz in my pants music video was awesome :)

About the "reunion", it's definitely weird without Herrera & Christian (btw i didn't find them "shockingly" sloppy at all in the videos showed before), but Byron is already a good FF member and Gene Hoglan can do something great.

I just hope they'll write amazing stuff like during the Demanufacture & Obsolete era (btw Digimortal was with Dino and it was very average so it's not about "Dino = good FF songs" for me...).

Fear Factory during the Obsolete tour (with Will Haven) back around 98-99' was actually the first metal gig i went to, and that was an awesome show.
About Burton's singing, i think it sounds great on records when he's nailing it, but live he can go from decent (especially for screaming) to ghetto (especially for clean vocals), and it's been for years, so i just don't understand how he doesn't try to fix that ...

I get what you mean about the singing, although I´m always suspicious of the fact that there must be some cheating in the studio, cause he really sucks bad when doing those clean vocals live, as in painful to the ears kind of bad, at least in many live videos I´ve seen of them (the only time they were coming to my country the show got cancelled, haven't had the fortune of seeing them live)

About christian, yes I agree Byron is a MUCH better bass player than him, but I'll say this: Archetype to me is the best sounding FF album, the guitar and bass tones are absolutely KILLER, and the playing on both is pretty damn tight also, and BOTH were done by Wolbers.

It's not his playing, it's his songwriting and affinity with trendjumping. Criss-cross-tian / Xtian is a common nickname for him. And see what sort of crap they do with Arkaea. That's what I fear the next Xtian+Ray FF would sound like. So in that sense I'm much more interested in "Strapping Factory" than whatever Ray & Xtian will produce.

hello gorgoroth.
nice to see another lawsuit involving two different incarnations of the band, from careless member management.

Ray and Christian said on a radio show that they never quit FF nor intended to do so. They said: "Burt and Dino just founded another band and then - all of a sudden - decided to call it Fear Factory."

Now there's a legal battle over Fear Factory Inc.

Ray and Christian said on a radio show that they never quit FF nor intended to do so. They said: "Burt and Dino just founded another band and then - all of a sudden - decided to call it Fear Factory."

Now there's a legal battle over Fear Factory Inc.

Hahahaha I sorta hinted that this "2 line-ups at once" thing might happen in my previous post!

Legal battles suck but can be highly amusing. :lol:

Seems like there's always been some contention over the band name. When I heard the news of Burton and Dino's decision to call the new project Fear Factory, I was shocked, it seems like a pretty bold move, and I have to wonder exactly who owns the rights to the Fear Factory name and corporation?

Check out the official site right now:

http://www.fearfactory.com/

Specifically this image in the top menu:

mainpage_r2_c1.jpg

What the hell is that devil guy thing in place of Burton? Something tells me that Ray and Christian are in control of the website. :lol:

As a fan, I honestly hope for the best for everyone in Fear Factory past or present, and I hope they are able to work something out. This might get ugly for a while, though.

Ive never been a fan of Fear Factory - dont really know their stuff to be honest. They are playing Auckland in August, and Ive been asked to mix FOH of them. Very interesting that they dont have their own FOH engineer.

Burton has even commited off-key vocals to a studio release incase you guys haven't listened to Ascension of the Watchers - Nunminosum. Its bad....but brave....

FF Transgression was pretty bad, the new Arkaea is sounding pretty good though - i look fwd to that release in a few weeks.

So, things didn't go well:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/Blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=122326

at the Metalway Festival in Zaragoza, Spain was cancelled at the last minute, reportedly due to legal issues surrounding the use of the FEAR FACTORY name.

UPDATE: According to concert promoter Marek Lieberberg Konzertagentur GmbH & Co.KG, FEAR FACTORY's entire German tour — which was supposed to take place between August 3 and August 12 — has been called off. The other European dates appear to be in jeopardy as well.

If it goes to court, I think Strapping Factory would win since the Dino+Burt combination has been longer in the band than Ray+Xtian, when it comes to total years. Xtian joined 5 years after the band was formed by Dino & Ray, while Burt joined pretty much right away after the band was formed.

So, things didn't go well...

Haha, you beat me to it! :kickass:

The legal outcome of this really lies in the specifics of the corporate agreement for Fear Factory, Inc., as it pertains to who the directors are, and corporate name ownership and rightful usage. Put music business law on top of this and you have a multi-faceted legal scenario that I don't pretend to understand at all. Also, there are multiple, possibly conflicting trademark registrations for the Fear Factory name on file - all of which attribute it to Fear Factory Inc., with the exception of the oldest (live) filing, which attributes it to Burton, Dino, and Raymond only, and may take precedence, which does mean that technically Burton and Dino could have majority power over the name.

Having had some limited experience with a few music law situations myself, all I can guess is that this case could go a number of different ways, but it will likely be settled out of court, and who knows on what terms. Only time will tell.