Feared Mixing Competition 2013

Hey, Ola. Thanks a lot for this awesome competition!

I hope you don´t mind me using your FB cover image for the contest.

I just uploaded my entry to my youtube channel. Reamped your guitars and processed the rest.

Hope you like it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome I'll share that on the Feared page :)

Haha... I'm glad you like it. Thanks for sharing! Where do I put the submission hashtag by the way? :)

Well, that's certainly awesome.

Thank you sir! :headbang: :)

EDIT: About the mix and tracks!!

Obviously it was extremely quick since the competition hasn't been online for more than a day but it's good enough for me atleast. :)

All additional tracks were recorded by me. So the vocals and guitars and that intro. I kind of felt bad having to mute some of those growls since they are so awesome.

Mixing felt super easy... I rarely get to work with this kind of quality tracks so I felt like I did nothing. Kick and snare were replaced a bit with samples I've made myself. Overheads and toms have NOTHING on except they are going through an API-2500. After that it's just volume balance. Guitars are actually Overloud TH2 and my PRS Custom 24 and Ola's guitar in the parts that I didn't change. :) Bass was actually the only instrument I had problems with since it was doing too much to be processed the way I process bass. In the end I got it to blend with the guitars nicely. :)

I LOVE IT! The finesse, the grace, the wall of meat! :devil:

b0001e6c4aca.gif

hahahah ;)

Stay Metal !

Thanks a million for this Ola!
Either I have gone mad or the DI tracks have a "ghost" a couple of milliseconds later.
I was wondering why I was getting a bit of what sounded like a phase problem while re-amping so solo'd the DI.
Could somebody else check this and report back.
It's most obvious on the stabs at 51 seconds in.
I'm pretty sure it's nothing to do with my routing or anything.
Thanks

Not sure where to post these files for the competition ...but here's my contribution.

[SOUNDCLOUD]http://soundcloud.com/jpapavasiliou/fea [/SOUNDCLOUD]

Brutal song Ola. Really digging your vocalist!

Here's my attempt (still needs some work to "glue" it all together, probably a lot more work. :heh:):

Not sure that I will enter the Competition, but it is awesome mixing practice.

Last edited by a moderator: