Feared Mixing Competition 2013

Nice song, and very nice to mix. Thanks for those tracks!

I listened the entries so far, some very nice ones. Gonna listen better to them a bit later, but wasn't too patient so I tried to see what I can do first. ;)

My mix so far:

Last edited by a moderator:
JohnGalloway, your mix is very massive! That rules! Try to make vox a bit quiter. It's brootal but too loud comparing to the rest of the mix. :)
Especially liked the kick. What did you use for it?

Thank you! :kickass:
I believe I used CJ's "Panzer Kick" with a Cradle of Filth kick I got from this really big pack of drum samples that got shared on here. :D

Here is my first mix on it, feedback plz! If its the worst shit ever then let me know! If its awesome, great!

Edit : listening to everyone else's mix's, I guess volume needs to go up on my mix.

Heres my contribution. Just stuck to what i know. Would be interesting to hear some re-mixes.

Why the hell would anyone want to reamp those guitars?!

The tone does sound great but there are a few reasons why one might want to reamp. First of all there is no such thing as universal consensus if one tone is better then the other. Its a matter of opinion. You like it, I like it, a lot of us do. Does that mean its the best tone and should not be changed? no

Reason why I reamped in my mix is because wheres the fun and challenge (and difference) from Ola's mix if everyone just decided to keep the same tone. Also I felt a more focused tone worked better with the song then the Satan amped.

Here's my submissin guys. Let me know what you think!

Jonathan
JMC Recordings

Holy shit. Who tracked this? These raw tracks are insane!
A little mix for now;