Feared 'Synder' Album

Ermz

¯\(°_o)/¯
Apr 5, 2002
Melbourne, Australia
www.myspace.com
fearedsyndercd.jpg

Noticed that nobody here is talking about this. I think Ola's written one of the best albums of his career. Two video singles are already out, and the album is due for release late next month.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love how the vocals improved! Always found'em rather meh, but they sound absolutely sick on this one.

I love how the vocals improved! Always found'em rather meh, but they sound absolutely sick on this one.

Thats funny, I've always loved Marios vocals, they have a really nice gritty tone in them that sounds pretty unique in a cool way, and they're also pretty clear sounding so you can also understand the lyrics quite easily. You're right though, I can also hear some improvement in his vocals here.

The mix is also incredible, really good job Ola and Ermin!

Don't worry, I've been listening. Fucking great stuff. I was a bit sad that there was no Producer Deluxe Tycoon Seaman Soaked Rag edition this time.

He said he was my loyal assman but Ola, why u no post here no more?

Damn I didn't even realize that there were some new songs out, sounds awesome!

Mix is sounding awesome, that's one gnarly bass tone! Awesome job Ola & Ermz!

+1 that bass tone is sick! any details you would like to share :)

Ola has really been developing as a lead player the last couple of albums. i like how there is some feeling and melody behind each solo instead of just mindless shredding. doesnt seem to be a lot of that these days.

We split bass guitar mixing duties down the middle. Ola did the grit/midrange portion of it. Don't know exactly what he used, but it sounded like a guitar amp sim. I cooked up a very efficient chain for the low-end portion, involving heavy filtering, hefty clamp down with the Distressor, an additional light compression stage on the bus, 2-stage limiting, and of course the necessary EQ to clean it up. It was staged so that the minimum load possible was given to each dynamics processor. The Distressor still had to take off up to 15dB at points, and did so like a champion.

I never really caught onto the older Feared stuff but this sounds absolutely killer. Well done to everyone involved!

Don't know exactly what he used, but it sounded like a guitar amp sim.

makes sense, i was thinking it sounded kind of like the mid/high end of a dual rec. thats interesting about the layering of multiple compressors/limiters. i have tried that before but i think i probably worked each one too hard instead of just "kissing" each one. awesome job all around!

The Last two Feared Albums were really good and possibly the only new death metal influenced music I've bothered with in the last few years. Look forward to hearing all of it and possibly buying the full pack to have a go at mixing etc.