Feedback Problem

VikingAxe

Jul 21, 2009
I reamped some guitar tracks, and for some strange reason, there is small bits of feedback that are heard in bits and pieces of the tracks.

I listened to the raw tracks, and they sound clean, there is no noise that I can hear.

I really don't want to go back and reamp them again, it took forever.

Im figuring a number of things:
1. I am using too much gain on my amp during the reamp process
2. There is some hidden noise in the raw tracks that I can't hear before reamping.

Has anyone encountered this problem ever? Any solutions?

Does the feedback get heard when you use sims on the Di's? It's hard to hear feedback on clean DI's, only really comes out when they get amped.
I don't think it's you using too much gain on the re amp, you can't get normal feedback when re amping unless the feedback was there in the first place when you tracked

What interface are you using? coz some have spill from send to send so could just be that looping!

My fp10 has the same problem never had a 002 so don't know but mine bleeds the main out into send 1-4 so I use send 8 to reamp furthest away from my mains output! I never recorded it so didn't hear the feedback I could just hear things coming back through the amp! But this recorded will loop itself causing the feedback! That is my only suggestion! Unless amp sims do it then it's probabley due to being to close to the monitors with pickups on the guitar! Which will mean retracking! x

I really hope that doesn't mean I need to retrack.
So basically you are saying that my guitar caused a silent feedback while tracking the parts? I don't believe the monitors were on when I tracked...I'm pretty sure I did it through my headset.

I think he's saying if you try putting the recorded tracks through an amp sim in the DAW and you hear feedback, in that case the problem is on the recording.

If you hear the feedback only when putting the tracks out from your interface to external gear, you know the problem stems from your line out circuitry.

I think he's saying if you try putting the recorded tracks through an amp sim in the DAW and you hear feedback, in that case the problem is on the recording.

If you hear the feedback only when putting the tracks out from your interface to external gear, you know the problem stems from your line out circuitry.

Boom got it in one :kickass:

im gna try the amp sim and see if that does anything out of the ordinary. i dont have much of a selection to use...ill work with what i have and let yas know what happens.