Fellow smokers, a question for you.

That can change a lot if you get the right devices. Mine has a noticeable feel (and I used to smoke handrolled cigarettes without filters) and a definite nicotine hit.

Don't go for the mall kiosk things, and double-check anything you'd grab from a head shop - my advice is just to ask someone who knows what they're doing. You can get in for under $40 with a great device and enough juice to last you weeks.

If you plan on quitting, you can scale down the amount of nicotine you're taking in while keeping the rituals and motions...

In short, I think that Lowberg is dead wrong and will have to throw cooked spaghetti at him if we ever meet in person.

Jeff

I'm with sir Jeff on this one. Mine was $150 which is ridiculous but they were the new thing at the time. This ones built really tough and people are always amazed by how much vapor I pull. It can actually make me cough a little on the first big drag.

I like my cancer pure and composed of plant matter going through the process of combustion

Are you really going to wax moralistic about a totally non-serious comment? My own Mother is a cancer survivor man, I'm not going to play this game with you.

Yeah man, having a sense of humour is one of the only ways to deal with such serious things in life.

Now quick someone make a joke about AIDS, that's always a bummer.

GarethSE said:
Are you really going to wax moralistic about a totally non-serious comment? My own Mother is a cancer survivor man, I'm not going to play this game with you.

Nah man it's cool I totally got your comment about weed, and I'm all for sense of humour, sorry it came out the wrong way I guess. Not your case obviously, but many people show an attitude of "ah well I'm gonna die of something anyways so whatever if I get cancer" and they're not joking, and I find that silly cause those people have no idea what Cancer really means (yeah it should be capitalized :lol: )

I was talking about tobacco actually >_< But whatevs man :) Haha

Also good call Heavy Jerk \m/(>_<)\m/

That can change a lot if you get the right devices. Mine has a noticeable feel (and I used to smoke handrolled cigarettes without filters) and a definite nicotine hit.

Don't go for the mall kiosk things, and double-check anything you'd grab from a head shop - my advice is just to ask someone who knows what they're doing. You can get in for under $40 with a great device and enough juice to last you weeks.

If you plan on quitting, you can scale down the amount of nicotine you're taking in while keeping the rituals and motions...

In short, I think that Lowberg is dead wrong and will have to throw cooked spaghetti at him if we ever meet in person.

Jeff

100% Correct!

My unit was purchased from a chinese supplier of all the "name brand" models. Mainly the "510"....

THe units themself have lasted me a year so far, and the atomizers are $50 for 5 which lasts me about 5 months. Fluid is about $30. So I spend about $80 every 6 months. Better then $80 every 2 weeks to a month like most smokers.

I just started playing with a KR808-D1... those are fun too. I generally stick to 510s (I'm using Mega batteries and a PCC at this point) and can't believe that people are blowing over $150 on mall garbage while a 510 starter kit at $30 goes unnoticed. There's just no excuse for some of that...

Jeff

Step #1: You have to realize that it is the nicotine that wants to be smoked.
It is a chemically implanted foreign thought, that screams at you "i want to reach for a cigarette", it is not your own thought.
Who would want to reach for that crap without having that chemical thought in their brains yet ?
Stupid teenagers who want to be "cool" and so "adult", to hang out with other "cool" and "rebel" guys.
People who know about all the bad side effects, but don't really care for their health, because at the time, they have plenty of it.
---
Step#2: Finding your own thoughts about smoking.
They can be buried very deep, but they are there for you to find and use against the addiction.
People often say "i could stop if i wanted, but i just don't want to stop".
Bullshit !
These days almost every at least half intelligent person knows that smoking is a slow suicide and they want to stop, but they mistake the chemical desire to continue for their own and that mistake makes it impossible for them to stop.
---
Step#3: The battle. Your strong will versus few grams of rotten leaves. Your health and wallet versus that rich guy who owns the cigarette factory...
Do you want to live a long and healthy life ?
Or do you want to die 20 years earlier and make that rich guy even richer ?
Who is stronger ?
You are !
Believe in yourself and you will win !

Good to see a lot of e-smokers here! I use a classic atomizer (801) with a 5v battery mod! As much as I like e-cigs I would rather be nicotine free, these things are like purgatory.