felt the need to post up one of my old solo tracks! (schecter/5150/addictive drums)

GarethSE

New Metal Member
Jul 5, 2008
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/631208/there will be blood.mp3

i am just sat listening to it and loving it so i figured i would post it

i cant really remember details of the mix and dont have project files unfortunately :(
but it was Schecter Omen 7 -> 5150 mkII -> framus 2x12 with v30's -> sm57

drums are my old kickass addictive drums mix (except i hadnt fixed the harsh cymbal pumping at that point :()

and theres a chunk where i never finished tracking bass

but yeah, i love this track so i thought id post it up \o/

sorry, gareth. this sound very british, meaning 'shit'. haha, naaw.. it's cosy and all, but it lacks that professional feeling you know. too much comp, too much 80-100hz on the kick (needs more br000tal 50hz to it, lol). but who am I to judge. pull back like a million:1 on the comp and add the presence of a bass guitar. other than that, I'm lovin it with you!

Yeah I did this like 2 years ago, it's not at all representative of my mixes nowadays

Cool song for sure, just all the compression with the bass drops haha. But I heard that one BoO cover you mixed so I know what you can do haha, I have that song on my ipod. Not bad for 2 years ago though, I pretty much just started playing guitar at that time, much less recording.

shit man, I'm just gonna comment on the music itself cause as you've pointed out already this is an old piece o work

musically I'm VERY particular with this style ... but I dig this a lot. I REALLY like the little section at like 1:42, reminds me of some more off the wall Edge of Sanity kinda shit

Killer tune Gareth