Female voices?

Sep 29, 2004
I was jsut wondering what other people thought of the idea of opeth using female voices in some songs. A friend and I were discussing it and I now its not their style but I still think they could pull it off. Any thoughts??

Well, maybe for one song or something, but it depends on the singer. I don't like thaaat much female vocalists, but Ayreon's THE for example has some very good ones on it. Also if they did it, please not in a heavy song, but a mellow one. But well, I don't like the idea that much, but it would be interesting. Maybe something like Mike and Wilson on Bleak?

Moonstruck said:
Well, maybe for one song or something, but it depends on the singer. I don't like thaaat much female vocalists, but Ayreon's THE for example has some very good ones on it. Also if they did it, please not in a heavy song, but a mellow one. But well, I don't like the idea that much, but it would be interesting. Maybe something like Mike and Wilson on Bleak?

I agree. One song, mellow, and a vocal duo with Mike, not something like "That chick and the Opeths".

even though I hate Cradle of Filth, that one chick that sings on Nymphetamine has a pretty good voice

I swear Ill never mention CoF on these forums again

dont worry, i agree with that comment on nymphetamine... and that lady isn't even a member of CoF.. but she has a good voice... i forget who it is, surely someone here must know

That chick that sings on Nymphemetamine[sp?] has been doing backup vocals for Cradle for a long time... check past album jackets... she's in there.... I know she performed on Damnation and a Day....

Jinn said:
That chick that sings on Nymphemetamine[sp?] has been doing backup vocals for Cradle for a long time... check past album jackets... she's in there.... I know she performed on Damnation and a Day....

Yeah she did the chicks voice in manequin and in a few other songs as well but cof have had various female vocalists help out over the years. But as for opeth I think they could pull it off if they tied it in well but then again there isn't much that they couldn't pull off if they tried hard enough.

One very nice female / male duet which comes to mind is Dark Tranquillity's Insanity's Crescendo from the Mind's I album. The girl's voice is pretty good and contrasts very well with Mikael Stanne. I wouldn't mind Opeth giving it a shot.