Fender Bassman 100 head

GodslasheR

Northen Thrashing Madness
Mar 14, 2002
singapore
raspatul.tk
Hi everyone, I have the intention of gettting a Fender Bassman 100 head very soon (It was going at a very cheap price, together with the Fender cabs as well), so I was wondering if there is any sonic differences between the Bassman 100 and the Bassman 135? I have played with the Bassman 135 many times and I think it's a killer amp. Thank you so much guys and any comments is appreciated!

I know I used a Bassman on an album last year, but I'm not sure what model it was. It sounded great though. Had lots of bite. I blended it with an SVT 8x10 cab and the combination of the two worked really well.

I'll make some enquiries as to exactly what model that was, and post in this thread once I know. Should be mid next week, so I hope that won't be inconvenient.

Hi Neil, thank you so much for your prompt reply! No worries, next week would be fine, the guy who is selling has not replied to me yet, so I guess it might take a while. But the offer was very good, and being the anxious me, I decided to ask around first. I played the Bassman 135 for almost a year and was very happy with the way it sounded, but I am not sure about the Bassman 100 though. Well, the guy is selling the Bassman 100 head together with the original Fender cabinet as well, so what do you think the Fender cabinet?

I used the Fender cabinet. It sounded great. Really solid. I just want to check on this so that I don't advise you to buy the wrong item by mistake.

I haven't had too much experience with the vintage like Bassmans. I have to say though, in the past 3 years Fender has impressed me with their more modern Bassman lines and pro series amps. I teach bass at a store and try lots of amps. If I have some downtime, I'll do shootouts with some amps or basses. I was actually more impressed with the newer Fender combos than the SWR's.

One thing I have to note is that I am using the Fender Bassman as a guitar amp rather than as a bass amp. I am sure there are loads of people who use the Fender Bassman as a guitar amp and conceived great results. So how did the check on the Fender Bassman go, Neil?