Fender Jim Root Artist Series Telecaster

I'd get the white one. Ebony fingerboards are teh sexzorz.

I approve of this message.

westandredeemed said:
I've got GAS for that white one.
Only thing is I don't know how a 25.5 will hold up in drop A.

I actually just had my MIM Strat tuned to A standard for a noisegrind guitar tracking session. Didn't fare really well 11-52 set, it's all I had around though. Maybe thicker strings... I dunno. Way too loose, did the job for noisegrind though :lol:

25.5" should be fine in A as long as you use the heaviest strings you can get your hands on and don't have the action super low. I've had my 25" SZ in A before and while it was a little looser than I'd like it wasn't completely awful.

I intend to use at least one of my new babies, probably both, in B standard and that's just fine. Now dropping the B to A doesn't make a world of a difference.

I wouldn't have purchased them if I had doubts about that.

Jim Root himself goes down that low with it when they play some songs off "Iowa".

A .013-.060 set and you're set for drop A.

I intend to use at least one of my new babies, probably both, in B standard and that's just fine. Now dropping the B to A doesn't make a world of a difference.

I wouldn't have purchased them if I had doubts about that.

Jim Root himself goes down that low with it when they play some songs off "Iowa".

How are you diggin' the teles so far?

-Joe

Thanks guys.
I'm going for the white.
I just need to finish some sessions, get paid etc.

Oh and i'm working on 2 bands right now so I will have some mixes up here asap for you dudes to laugh at.:)

How are you diggin' the teles so far?

-Joe

Hey Joe, couldn't be happier! Some Tele purists look down their nose on these because of the mahogany, EMGs, contoured body, relatively slim neck etc... but I say that's bullshit. They still feel like Teles, can even deliver some snappy twang tones with the EMG 60 at the bridge if you want, but foremost... they fuckin' shred! ;)

Set up was okay on both out of the box. May need some little adjustments when I bring them down to B, maybe not.

Hey Joe, couldn't be happier! Some Tele purists look down their nose on these because of the mahogany, EMGs, contoured body, relatively slim neck etc... but I say that's bullshit. They still feel like Teles, can even deliver some snappy twang tones with the EMG 60 at the bridge if you want, but foremost... they fuckin' shred! ;)

Set up was okay on both out of the box. May need some little adjustments when I bring them down to B, maybe not.

Nice dude...I'd love to try one!

Which one would you say is brighter? Maple and ebony both seem to be relatively bright fingerboard woods.

-Joe

Nice dude...I'd love to try one!

Which one would you say is brighter? Maple and ebony both seem to be relatively bright fingerboard woods.

-Joe

Yeah they are. Especially with the EMGs, the difference ain't that prominent. Both combinations are pretty balanced. In the end, there's more of a difference in "feel" than in sound.

I just picked up both and honestly the differences I think I can make out unplugged might be solely due to imagination.

So far, I've probably picked up the white one a bit more often.

And it keeps getting better: I always install the Schaller security lock system on all of my axes and I was quite delighted to find out that the stock pins on the Root Tele fit perfectly, so I won't have to replace them.

No biggie, but the details keep adding up.

This is also the first time I've been using locking tuners and they're pretty cool because you don't have to wind the string around the head a few times. Makes changing strings a breeze.

Kudos to Fender and Jim Root for taking a classic design and adopting it so cleverly to the modern metal player's needs.

Yeah they are. Especially with the EMGs, the difference ain't that prominent. Both combinations are pretty balanced. In the end, there's more of a difference in "feel" than in sound.

I just picked up both and honestly the differences I think I can make out unplugged might be solely due to imagination.

So far, I've probably picked up the white one a bit more often.

And it keeps getting better: I always install the Schaller security lock system on all of my axes and I was quite delighted to find out that the stock pins on the Root Tele fit perfectly, so I won't have to replace them.

No biggie, but the details keep adding up.

This is also the first time I've been using locking tuners and they're pretty cool because you don't have to wind the string around the head a few times. Makes changing strings a breeze.

Kudos to Fender and Jim Root for taking a classic design and adopting it so cleverly to the modern metal player's needs.

Cool man...yeah I have had locking tuners on a few axes and they are great. I'm between this axe and an ESP Horizon NT-II. If I can find one locally to try that would be excellent.

-Joe

Less chunk than my Caparison for sure.Or i might say, it's brighter than the cap.Chunk is there but not that smooth.

But then again it's not only the neck through maple that's in the equation.
It's also a lot thinner.

Ok guys...for some reason i managed to record only one channel.I set it to stereo...but i dunna wtf i did wrong here.

Anyways.

guitars straight to fast track pro (thus it sounds shit) ->cubase->X30->some random impulse-> here ya go:

caparison85
horizon85

emg85 bridge on both, same tuning, one take(thus it sounds more shit:lol: )

Okay, gotta paddle back on that one:

I just tried a .060 and it doesn't fit the Schaller/Fender locking head. Well, that's fine for me, because I usually use a .056 for my low B. But it will be an issues for people who use thicker strings...