Fender JP-90 bass

iHate

Mar 31, 2009
Anyone ever play one of these or know anything about them? They were limited production in the 90's, MIA, has P and J bass pickups in it. I've found one locally for $400 in good condition, but I don't know if it's worth that much.

It's come down to either this Fender, or a mahogany Schecter with EMG HZ's. Is the Fender going to be a lot better sounding?

Unplugged, every Fender bass I've played had a very lively, bright tone where other basses like MusicMan and Schecter have a very round, mellow tone. This is unplugged though.

Will be used for metal and rock only. I'm not sure if 35" scale is really needed for drop C and occasional drop A#.

$400 bucks for a Made in America Fender - seems a not that bad of price. A quick search showed that around $400 seems to be pretty common for one. There is one on ebay right now with a 'But it Now" price of $349.99, however it does have some cosmetic issues.

Well I went and checked it out and it was a big disappointment! I can't ever seem to find any good deals on a good bass.

I'm trying to get something in the $400 range and I'm having no luck. I played an sr500 and sr505 and they seemed nice, but made in indonesia? They are also out of my price range new. I found an sr300 and sr305 with maple necks, but I've read that they are kind of shitty for the price.

And why is this: Musicman, Schecter, Spector, Warwick basses all sound/feel pretty dull and lifeless unplugged, but Fender and Ibanez are very chimey and jangly. Why is this, and does it do anything for the tone that they produce?