Fernandes

ApolloSpeed

Oct 31, 2005
Texas
www.myspace.com
Ah, the Epiphone Crap series - rubbish guitars at a reasonable price...

Fernandes is what the guy that isn't Slash in Velvet Revolver uses - that's about all I know though. Personally the only one i've used and liked is an ESP (it was an older Stephen Carpenter model, before they were all 7-strings), and I thought the Ibanez was horrible.

Steve

Fernandes guitars are solid and underrated. I'm not a fan of baritone necks so much, I prefer Caparison's approach to extended scale (move the bridge back, keep the fretboard scale standard.)

ApolloSpeed said:
wow....I didn't know they did that.....what models have the extended scale option??:err:

The Caparison HGS series - Dellinger HGS, Angelus HGS, Apple Horn HGS, and my favorite, the Horus HGS:

http://www.kyowashokai.co.jp/caparison-eng/e-06product/e06horus-hgs.html
horus-hgs%20ow.gif

:worship:

I see that the HGS style Caparisons are ment for drop C tuning.
My band uses drop A......would the guitar's scale still be able to have enough tension for drop A ???

And where in the states can you buy Caparison?:loco:

ApolloSpeed said:
I see that the HGS style Caparisons are ment for drop C tuning.
My band uses drop A......would the guitar's scale still be able to have enough tension for drop A ???

And where in the states can you buy Caparison?:loco:

I'm sure you could do drop A just fine. Talk to James Murphy about getting getting a Caparison in the USA.

Andy Sneap said:
yeah i had an endorsement with fernandes, I have 2 V's and a les paul.

I have a balck RR Fernandes, think it's called Steeler.
fernandes_henkei_v_s.jpg

Do you have the KingVee type V's with equal points? Have only seen one on a japanese site.

I have a Burny. Go figure... :p (Burny=Fernandes).
I love it but It's a 26 year old guitar.

Kazrog said:
Fernandes guitars are solid and underrated. I'm not a fan of baritone necks so much, I prefer Caparison's approach to extended scale (move the bridge back, keep the fretboard scale standard.)
how the heck does that work? I would expect your intonation to be thrown completely out of whack. they must change the scale or you'd end up with a 13 tone system, no? :loco:

Carrier Flux said:
how the heck does that work? I would expect your intonation to be thrown completely out of whack. they must change the scale or you'd end up with a 13 tone system, no? :loco:

??:loco: ??

yeah....what is the story on this caparison hgs intonation problem with lower tunings? ??

ahhh I see:

"HGS (Heavy Gauge Strings) The model itself has the heavy gauge strings for tuning down, which is a popular requirement in the Death Metal music scene, for example. The bridge position is mounted 3mm further along than regularly seen on other guitars; this is to help when adjusting heavy gauge strings to an octave deeper in pitch. In addition, the pickup position is changed as the bridge moved. This means that players, never again need to change their playing technique because the neck length is always the same."

essentially all they're doing is changing the location of the saddle to account for the intonation difference when you have a heavier string on the axe that's tuned down. you're not going to get the same increased string tension as a real baritone in this case I believe.