Festivals + shows you will attend

Wyvern said:
@ Droogie: next time James throw something at you, throw something at him (a rock, a champagne bottle filled with nitro, a python with rabies) :lol:

yes, but then again that means i would have to be dumb enough to go to another Metallica concert and support the money mongering assholes, which i dont think i'll do!

#1_Droogie said:
yes, but then again that means i would have to be dumb enough to go to another Metallica concert and support the money mongering assholes, which i dont think i'll do!

:tickled: :tickled: :tickled: :tickled:

StormSpell said:
I'm saving every penny for my summer vacation so no gigs for me on the horizon. I do hope to see SAXON, Victory, and OVERKILL while in Europe though

You are coming to Europe StormSpell? Tell us about it. Were will you be going?

JonnyD said:
hahah I did it was Fun! ... I'm not really a Mosher at all but Overkill brings it out of me ... Normally I am Quiete and mellow like I was at PP ... anyways here is a quickie review of the show

The First band that played was a group called Crotalis .. they had a great Old School thrash feel to them and the singer reminded me of a Grough James Hetfield they did a cover of Maidens "Trooper" which was very cool! at the very end of the night the singer/lead guitarist gave me and Jesse each a copy of thier album for free! :) Next up was Red Right Hand .. these guys were pretty good I cant really compare them to anybody but they were definately a thrash band :) I got a free demo from them! after them was an OLD Boston band by the name of Meliah Rage These guys Kicked some Serious ass! even though they werent quite my cup o tea I didnt care for the singer but the Band was awsome and after their set I had a good chat with their lead Guitarist very cool guy! ... after them was a OLD band that I had Never heard of by the name of Candy Striper Death Orgy I thought the name was stupid and expected them to be too :p BUT as it turns out they KICKED major ass! their style is like SOD crossed with Nuclear Assult ... I was amazed this band had been around since 1988 and I had never heard them! I also had a Great Time Moshing with their lead Singer/Guitarist in the OVERKILL pit! .... and then it was time for the Almighty OVERKILL!! the Stage went dark and filled with smoke and then BANG there was OVERKILL Talk about Presence NOBODY does it like Overkill and the pit was just INSANE instantly I took several Hard shots that knocked the wind out of me but then they played the song Gasoline Dream and I snapped I went from Mild Mannered me to Maniac me and Moshed my ass off! several different times I was crushed between 300 pound monsters hahaha I am really feeling it now but they put on a World Class show and were Absolutely Flawless .... now before the show we went to a Chinese place for dinner we got seated and Right behind us Was The singer of Overkill and one of the guitar players having some dinner themselves ... so we let them be right up untill the singer got up to leave then we got his attention he came over and shook our hands and was very cool! Blitz is a World class performer and a Great Guy very down to earth we also got autographs from the 2 guitar players ... lots of cool stuff happened but I am having trouble remembering all the details hahaha But what I know best is that OVERKILL RULED all the opening bands were GREAT and my ribs, neck, Throat, and the rest of my Body ACHE!!! hgahaha it was a BLAST though :)

WOWZA! Thanks for a great report... I could almost feel I was there :headbang: 300 pound monsters? :lol: imagine how I feel in the pit with those... they look like 500 pound monsters to me.. hahaha!
Glad to hear you had such a great time... I've got Kreator coming up this Saturday... IMPOSSIBLE BRUTALITY :worship:

Pabla said:
WOWZA! Thanks for a great report... I could almost feel I was there :headbang: 300 pound monsters? :lol: imagine how I feel in the pit with those... they look like 500 pound monsters to me.. hahaha!
Glad to hear you had such a great time... I've got Kreator coming up this Saturday... IMPOSSIBLE BRUTALITY :worship:

hahaha it was every man & woman for themselves! what a show if you get a chance to see OVERKILL do it they rule! ... thanks! I hope Kreator comes Close they would be worth a couple hour drive to see! I hope they ROCK be sure to give us A report!

I have just found out that COC and the mighty CROWBAR are going to play right around the corner from my Apt. at the Vogue theater on june 2nd! Now finally my town and Franklin In. are getting some great metal shows and ozzfest tix go on sale in my area
on May 7th. Thy Master has blessed me indeed!

Hawk said:
You are coming to Europe StormSpell? Tell us about it. Were will you be going?

I'm going to Bulgaria as ususal to see some relatives and friends, spend 2-3 weeks at blacksea resorts, have some pubbing and such. I may go visiting a friend in Germany (Heidelberg) and definitely want to go to Greece for a weekend, but all it depends how fast the Bulgarian authorities will re-issue my abroad passport (the current one expires july and need to be replaced)

Griffin- said:
cool, sounds like Bang Your Head is the right festival :cool:

I'd take any fest I can get to you know :headbang:

Saxon, Victory, and Overkill are bound to play in Bulgaria this summer, so those are the most probable bands I may see. Plus whatever local bands I will encounter in the nightclubs (unfortunately mostly black and death, ugh!)