Festivals + shows you will attend

Hawk said:
O man!! You are going to see my favorite band. NeverMore!! They rule!! :)

Check out some of their albums. Especially: "The Politics Of Ecstasy" and "Dead Heart in A Dead World". And you'll soon understand why David wanted them on his bill :)

i will, thanks for the suggestion

Got my tix yesterday for The FatalForce Fest with Macabre, Black Mass and Habitual in june and
I bought my ticket for The Templars Of Doom festival on July 8th and 9th here in
good old Naptown! Woohoooo!!!!! :headbang: :worship: :headbang:

Hawk said:
You are going to see my favorite band. NeverMore!! They rule!! :)

I got to see Nevermore a few weeks ago in London and although I can't say I'm rushing out to buy everything they've ever made I am quite looking forward to the new record. The new songs they played were in my opinion the higlights of the night (bearing in mind that I had never heard anything they'd done before I saw them)

Metal Dog said:
I got to see Nevermore a few weeks ago in London and although I can't say I'm rushing out to buy everything they've ever made I am quite looking forward to the new record. The new songs they played were in my opinion the higlights of the night (bearing in mind that I had never heard anything they'd done before I saw them)

Thats good to hear Metal Dog! Let me know how you like the new album when you get it!

Yeah we have a few tours happening or that have happened this year...

So far we've had Nightwish, Megadeth, Angra, and I think a couple of others I can't remember. And coming up so far we have Anthrax in May, Alice Cooper in June, Motley Crue & Motorhead in December, AC/DC are meant to be here later in the year, etc.. and we're all REALLY hoping for Judas Priest's tour to come here after the Japanese dates!

Last year we had quite a few tours as well - KISS, Brides Of Destruction, Jeff Scott Soto, Bruce Kulick, Anthrax, Opeth, Soilwork, In Flames, Edguy, Metallica, and a bunch of others. More bands are making the effort these days which is a nice change...

Trixxi Trash said:
Yeah we have a few tours happening or that have happened this year...

So far we've had Nightwish, Megadeth, Angra, and I think a couple of others I can't remember. And coming up so far we have Anthrax in May, Alice Cooper in June, Motley Crue & Motorhead in December, AC/DC are meant to be here later in the year, etc.. and we're all REALLY hoping for Judas Priest's tour to come here after the Japanese dates!

Hey thats quite a few bands :) I'd love to see Angra. I have not seen them yet. Great to hear bands are touring Aussie land :)

Trixxi Trash said:
Last year we had quite a few tours as well - KISS, Brides Of Destruction, Jeff Scott Soto, Bruce Kulick, Anthrax, Opeth, Soilwork, In Flames, Edguy, Metallica, and a bunch of others. More bands are making the effort these days which is a nice change...

Perhaps you should hook up with some buddies and plan a festival. This is how festivals like Dynamo, Wacken and Bang Your Head started.

First yo u give a small fest and later when people get to know the fest it all grows out of proportion :lol:

The European scene is till benefiting from the actions of a few fans who started magazines, bars and festivals. If you don't have a good scene its time to build one!

Just a hint! :)

Let's see...Hammerfall, May 24th. Yap that will do :D

OK Wyvern thought I should share this with the whole group :D...
I almost caught the drummer of Meliah Rage's drum stick when he through it out to the crowd but the damn thing whacked me upside the head instead! hahaha I was slightly disorientated and lost it! hahah but the fucking thing dropped hard right on my head

just got tickets to the Edguy and Hammerfall show at the Avalon in Hollywood! :headbang: Aug 13th MAIDEN :headbang: :headbang: 2 weeks later Aug. 30th Edguy and Hammerfall :headbang: :headbang: 2 weeks later Prog Power 6 :headbang: :headbang: now I just need Gigantour dates announced!!!!

JonnyD said:
OK Wyvern thought I should share this with the whole group :D...
I almost caught the drummer of Meliah Rage's drum stick when he through it out to the crowd but the damn thing whacked me upside the head instead! hahaha I was slightly disorientated and lost it! hahah but the fucking thing dropped hard right on my head

you serious? aww thatd piss me off

on a side note, last year when i saw Metallica, i got James's pick he threw into the crowd :D

When Deep Purple played here, Ian Paice thrown a signed skin of the drumkit and I couldn't saw where it head.
When the concert was over, my friend Mario approach me in a very mysterious way, and under his jacket was the damn thing, lucky bastard!

I managed to got one of Joe Satriani picks (with the JS logo) on his concert in Reno, of course I still got it :D

@ Droogie: next time James throw something at you, throw something at him (a rock, a champagne bottle filled with nitro, a python with rabies) :lol:

Wyvern said:
When Deep Purple played here, Ian Paice thrown a signed skin of the drumkit and I couldn't saw where it head.
When the concert was over, my friend Mario approach me in a very mysterious way, and under his jacket was the damn thing, lucky bastard!

I managed to got one of Joe Satriani picks (with the JS logo) on his concert in Reno, of course I still got it :D

@ Droogie: next time James throw something at you, throw something at him (a rock, a champagne bottle filled with nitro, a python with rabies) :lol:

Know a guy who was able to get one of Vinie Pauls drum skins, I think he said it was signed, but got completly fucked when thrown into the crowd due to the number of people trying to grab it, but he was able to fend them off.

I did also once catch a shit band called The Bardo. When their drummer threw his stick into the crowd you actually heard it hit the ground as nobody could give a flying crap! Woulldv'e been the funniest thing about the set if it hadn't been for the vocalist/guitarist getting hit with a well aimed pint. It was in a plastic cup so he didn't get hurt just wet & pissed off.