Festivals + shows you will attend

carnut said:
Cool to hear !!! So Hawk and me are in for another great (Overkill) concert in May !!

You bet!!! When you see them talk to the Merch Guy he is a very cool dude!!! they were Flawless! simply awsome ... but that has to wait I will tell the whole Excellent Adventure tommorow! I have to crash and recoup ... not as young as I used to be hahahaha

Overkill KILL live!!
ill see them a few times this year as well

Unfortunately I have no gigs planned for the upcoming weeks, I need my time badly for my examinations in may :(

I was trying for the Rock Hard Fest in May. Sunday night Accept, Overkill, Masterplan,Threshold. However that damn place called work won't allow me. Looks like this year Progpower is the only thing I have going for me.

JonnyD said:
Well I have returned OVERKILL FUCKING RULED! simply put there is no other band that can bring out the complete fucking animal in me I moshed hard and got pounded good hahaha my whole body hurts :D it was fantastic and a great stess reliever Since I have been awake for some 30 dome odd hours I will save the big description for later ...but I will say Wyvern might be interested in one of the bands who played

Glad to hear you were such a beast and had such a beastly time :lol:

You know..I stay away from moshers like you at gigs or just take off my shoes and hit em upside the head :p

Seeing Megadeth tomorrow night...

Anthrax are comin out next month with the Among The Living lineup so I'll probably go to that...

Already have tickets to Alice Cooper in June, small intimate theatre show with full theatrics, should be UNREAL!!!!

And Motley Crue are coming in December with Motorhead as support and Rose Tattoo opening up. I'll be there with bells on!!!

Trixxi Trash said:
Seeing Megadeth tomorrow night...

Anthrax are comin out next month with the Among The Living lineup so I'll probably go to that...

Already have tickets to Alice Cooper in June, small intimate theatre show with full theatrics, should be UNREAL!!!!

And Motley Crue are coming in December with Motorhead as support and Rose Tattoo opening up. I'll be there with bells on!!!

Thats great news Trixx! I hope you let us know how those gigs were. It seems that the isolation of Australia is being lifted :D. Did Motorhead ever tour in Aussie land?

bllodstock was aewsome when saxon balze and primal fear were on the bill. Going to both indoor and outdoor. Hurricane party were awesome, I highly recommend them. Check out the ep, get this. They have a album out in august. they are playing download too, although theyare not listed as so yet, their tour manager told me they were, nice guys.
I like europe, I know a lot of people slag them off, and think they only had the final countdown, well theyd be wrong. Their new album start from the dark is very good. Their gig at wolves on 15th may is not thatb expensive, I think I paid £16. Worth it I think

Pabla said:
Glad to hear you were such a beast and had such a beastly time :lol:

You know..I stay away from moshers like you at gigs or just take off my shoes and hit em upside the head :p

hahah I did it was Fun! ... I'm not really a Mosher at all but Overkill brings it out of me ... Normally I am Quiete and mellow like I was at PP ... anyways here is a quickie review of the show

The First band that played was a group called Crotalis .. they had a great Old School thrash feel to them and the singer reminded me of a Grough James Hetfield they did a cover of Maidens "Trooper" which was very cool! at the very end of the night the singer/lead guitarist gave me and Jesse each a copy of thier album for free! :) Next up was Red Right Hand .. these guys were pretty good I cant really compare them to anybody but they were definately a thrash band :) I got a free demo from them! after them was an OLD Boston band by the name of Meliah Rage These guys Kicked some Serious ass! even though they werent quite my cup o tea I didnt care for the singer but the Band was awsome and after their set I had a good chat with their lead Guitarist very cool guy! ... after them was a OLD band that I had Never heard of by the name of Candy Striper Death Orgy I thought the name was stupid and expected them to be too :p BUT as it turns out they KICKED major ass! their style is like SOD crossed with Nuclear Assult ... I was amazed this band had been around since 1988 and I had never heard them! I also had a Great Time Moshing with their lead Singer/Guitarist in the OVERKILL pit! .... and then it was time for the Almighty OVERKILL!! the Stage went dark and filled with smoke and then BANG there was OVERKILL Talk about Presence NOBODY does it like Overkill and the pit was just INSANE instantly I took several Hard shots that knocked the wind out of me but then they played the song Gasoline Dream and I snapped I went from Mild Mannered me to Maniac me and Moshed my ass off! several different times I was crushed between 300 pound monsters hahaha I am really feeling it now but they put on a World Class show and were Absolutely Flawless .... now before the show we went to a Chinese place for dinner we got seated and Right behind us Was The singer of Overkill and one of the guitar players having some dinner themselves ... so we let them be right up untill the singer got up to leave then we got his attention he came over and shook our hands and was very cool! Blitz is a World class performer and a Great Guy very down to earth we also got autographs from the 2 guitar players ... lots of cool stuff happened but I am having trouble remembering all the details hahaha But what I know best is that OVERKILL RULED all the opening bands were GREAT and my ribs, neck, Throat, and the rest of my Body ACHE!!! hgahaha it was a BLAST though :)

I want to make my way to see Megadeth this year, it would be on of my first hardcore concerts, but they closest they come to me is like Detriot :cry:. Maybe me and droog will have to take a road trip. :D

lizzie said:
bllodstock was aewsome when saxon balze and primal fear were on the bill. Going to both indoor and outdoor. Hurricane party were awesome, I highly recommend them. Check out the ep, get this. They have a album out in august. they are playing download too, although theyare not listed as so yet, their tour manager told me they were, nice guys.
I like europe, I know a lot of people slag them off, and think they only had the final countdown, well theyd be wrong. Their new album start from the dark is very good. Their gig at wolves on 15th may is not thatb expensive, I think I paid £16. Worth it I think

Saxon were awesome I was completely in awe of Biffs hair hahaha it was just so long and the colour of it was beautiful I remember telling the guys I was with that I wanted hair like that when I was his age :lol: Do you post on the bloodstock board? It's a shame that HP are on at download 'cause they were in talks to do BOA but they might do both so fingers crossed. I love Europe and as you said a lot of people put 'em down as one hit wonders when they are so much better than that one song. It's not rally the ticket price that makes it too expensive for me its having to buy a second one so someone will go with me and paying for transport to get there and back I'd also have to find a babysitter for my daughter and with three other gigs allready lined up for next month I really can't stretch to any more unfortunately but let me know how you get on and how good they were o.k.

DethAddict said:
I want to make my way to see Megadeth this year, it would be on of my first hardcore concerts, but they closest they come to me is like Detriot :cry:. Maybe me and droog will have to take a road trip. :D
ROAD TRIP :headbang:

On May 24th Hammerfall will start the Latin America tour...HERE!

The Wyvern is going Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken

hf_2005_03.jpg

Good to see your getting some shows over there Vern! Going to see Psychomancer,
Year Of Desolation and Envenomed tonight since I guess Arsis broke up in good old
Franklin Indiana! :headbang: And I'll be doing lots of this! :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :Smokin: :Smokin:

Hey guys... well I went to Megadeth last night :)

It was a great show, they were tight as hell!! And ripped out a few unexpected tracks like Set The World Afire, My Last Words, Wake Up Dead, Skin O My Teeth, etc and even their cover of Paranoid.

Yep it was a sold out show, the venue was packed... you could barely move. When I arrived (and the place was already pretty crowded) there was a queue two blocks down the road of metalheads lining up to get in, and by the time I got in there was still a line that long that had grown behind me after I got in too. Every second person in the line was drinking out there on the street completely ignoring the cop cars parked there watching them, very old school metal vibe that night. Reminded me a bit of that opening scene in Decline Of Western Civilization. Funny thing is, the venue it was held at is usually a huge rave/techno venue haha!

Sydney band Dungeon were the support but had such a bad sound mix you couldn't really hear a thing. Had me worried about the sound at the place but when Megadeth came out they sounded a hundred times better and were just a machine... they hammered through 6 songs, with no breaks between, one straight into the other, before Dave even stopped to say a word to the crowd. Very intense live show!

Thanks for the review Trixx. seems like they are really hungry in Australia for some METAL! got any other gigs coming up?

#1_Droogie said:
wow i cant wait for november, me and Addict are so takin a road trip to detroit for the gigantour

O man!! You are going to see my favorite band. NeverMore!! They rule!! :)

Check out some of their albums. Especially: "The Politics Of Ecstasy" and "Dead Heart in A Dead World". And you'll soon understand why David wanted them on his bill :)