Festivals + shows you will attend

Behemoth and Nile?! I wish I had a better car I would drive to Chicago to see that show and the Soilwork, Dark Tranquility and Hyprocrisy show. Indpls just doesn't get
the good European band tours through here that much! :Smug:

Griffin- said:
Are Bang Tango any good these days?

They were awesome unfortunately can't say the same for the headliners of the evening which were Enuff Z'Nuff who were **** and that's being polite. Anyway Bang Tango played around 30-45 minutes they played Dancin' On Coals A cover of T-Rex's 20th Century Boy and a cover of a G'N'R song but I can't remember which one. they were excellent even though the only original member was the singer Joe Leste (so I'm told as I'm only just getting in to them so don't really know who's who yet) He had all the moves and the crowd interaction was great too which always helps to make a good show (in my opinion) In short if you get the chance to see them live GO FOR IT!!!

I'm planning on going to Bloodstock 05. There are two bands on my "To see" list which are Hammerfall and Within Temptation. Then there's a few that I wouldn't mind checking out - Raven, Conquest of Steel, Cathedral, Bob Catley, After Forever and Metalium.
I'm just waiting to see who else is added to the lineup - which should be in a few days.

SickBoy said:
He's a poser making his living on Maiden legacy... :yuk:QUOTE]

It's funny you should say that, as I remember reading that he sold his rights for the first Two albums back to the the band, bet he regrets that now.

Anyway I know I'll be at Antrax in the Glasgow Barrowlands on May 5th.
Should be going to See Napalm Death In Edinburgh on June 5th.
& if I pull my finger out I'm hoping to make it back to the Wacken Open Air August 4th-6th. :headbang: :kickass: :zombie:

KIT was AMAZING!

Its always shit to be home after KIT. Especially this time with all the great bands. Martyr simply kicked everyone's arse.. it's like those guys walked straight out of the eighties onto the KIT stage. Adramelch was disappointing, again.
Keep It True itself, highlights for me were definately Overlorde (with a longer setlist because Satan cancelled), Torch (Fire..fire raiser!!), Deadly Blessing (I simply have no words for their performance, damn!) and Thunder Rider who imo should've played later on, their show was seriously good! And of course Vortex, they really killed everything. I was really pissed about Satan cancelling although I know they couldnt help it. The bassist was in the hospital..at least thats what Mark from Overlorde told me. Real shame..
Within the first 30 minutes I was there I spent over 80 euros on vinyl so I have quite somewthing to listen to.
I made some fucking great pictures but guess what, I left my camera (AGAIN!) at the hotel. I'll post them here later
here's a preview from pics that my friend took

vortex-volpodium.jpg

me when Vortex (band that closed KIT) played. detail: i fell of this fence a WHOLE lot

majesty-aanhang.jpg

Majesty

martyr1.jpg

MARTYYYYYYYYYR!!!

Cool pics Griffin...Was that the Dutch Martyr ?? I remember their album 'For The Universe', wich I liked alot, need to listen to it again sometime... Damn pitty Satan canceled ...

The Dutch Martyr indeed
they were fabulous.. this was a reunion gig and songs like 'Speed of Samurai' and 'Darkness at time's end' were simply, FAAAANTASTIC!

Im going to see Motley Crue tonight!!!

oh man, its gonna be sweet, ill be decked out in my Dr Feelgood shirt and me and a couple buddies are probly gonna get a case of natty ice before the show :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: ....i cant wait!!

haha you bet, natty ice is the shit when youre poor like me

but yeah, nvm about seein the Crue....i got into an arguement with my dad and he took my ticket like a bastard, i wanted to cut off his big toe....or something

Metal Thrashing Mark said:
I'm Going to Cleveland in May to the BK & BW Saturday show with Raven,Exciter,Jag Panzer & TROUBLE!! Its the 1st time I'm flying to a festival.

Hey man, if you spot me in the crowd when we're not on stage, come on over and introduce yourself! That goes for anyone else too.

Exciter is playing the BW & BK Six Pack in Cleveland on May 5, Tradate Iron Fest in Italy on June 5, Bang Your Head in Germany June 25, and Metalcamp Open Air in Slovenia June 26.

I want to go to an Ozzfest date in the US too (as a fan, of course).

Cheers!
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

DEFO

Ozzfest
Gigandtour
Kreator
Dark Tranquillity

and hopefully other stuff coming soon o_O

My year for shows is lining up real nice. I've already got tickets to:

Saxon - though it's postponed
Dead Can Dance - Three different shows
The Black Crowes - at the Fillmore in SF, very cool
The Mars Volta
Oh, and Priest tickets go onsale today.
I was thinking of Ozzfest, but now Sabbath and Maiden are the only things I'm interested in, we'll see if I go for it when they go on sale.

I've literally got a pile of tickets on my computer desk.

dutch review of Raise Your Fist, click here

bands attending festival: Accelerate, Jagannath, After All, Jaguar, Atomkraft, Girlschool, Death SS & Agent Steel

Pictures of Raise Your Fist click here
( "volgende" means "next" page)

Sneak preview:
girl8.jpg

Girlschool
jagu4.jpg
ag1.jpg

Jaguar, Agent Steel

For all those not present, you missed something!!
For all the men that are too lame to click on the link for the pictures, here's a hint: Death SS had naked women on stage ;)

@ Griffin - That picture of Girlschool may be just what I need to persuade a friend of mine to go and see 'em hahaha
Anyway I got out to see Danger Danger last night and what a f*****n' awesome show they put on. For just over an hour I forgot that we were actually in 2005 and was transported back in time to the heyday of glam when bands really knew how to rock and enjoy a show Their crowd interaction was great, the two guys in monkey suits who came on for the last but one song (Monkey Business) and threw bananas into the crowd were highly amusing, the use of water pistols was cool although they could have used 'em a bit more and the crowd reaction to them was amazing topped off with a T-shirt that only cost £10 (when a lot of bands are charging nearly double that). All in all I came away with just one question - when are they coming back?