Festivals + shows you will attend

Griffin-

Leather Rebel
Jul 7, 2003
Netherlands
Visit site
At the moment I'm checking which festivals I will attend this summer (I'm hoping to break my record of 4 festivals). This is a topic meant for others to get to know about certain festivals or concerts, or perhaps for people living in the same country to meet at a festival. I hope there's not already a topic like this..

My concert list:
11th March - Paul Di'Anno + Maiden coverband says it all. Netherlands
19th March - Brocas Helm (+Thee Plague of Gentlemen + Litany) Belgium
26th March - Raise Your Fist (Girlschool, Death SS (with their horror show), Agent Steel (only skeptics songs) , Atomkraft, Jaguar, Jagannath reunion show and more) Hardenberg, Netherlands
2nd April - KIT IV (Agent Steel, Overlorde, Torch, Satan, Deadly Blessing, Thunder Rider, Vortex, Paragon and more warm-up: Martyr reunion show!, Adramelch, Shadowkeep, Lanfear) in Koenigshofen, Germany
23rd April - Belgian Doom Night 3, (not quite sure about this but The Gates of Slumber, Doomshine, Mirror of Deception and more bands might be intresting.) Belgium

Festivals:
17-19th July - Ragnarock (Witchfynde, Death SS, Demon and 2x Virgin Steele) Zeeland, Netherlands
24-5th June - Bang Your Head (kick ass billing! Twisted Sister, Motorhead, Saxon, Dio, Vicious Rumours, Doro, UDO, Nevermore, Krokus, Virgin Steele, Tankard, Jag Panzer, Morgana Lefay, Exciter Nasty Savage, Demon and more) Balingen, Germany
2nd-3rd July - Bospop (so far I think I'm only going the third to see Maiden and Overkill, not very much other interesting bands.. yet) Around the corner, Weert, Netherlands
8-10th July - Headbanger Open Air! Cult metal festival in German guy's backyarden. Went there last year, again this year for this billing: Gaskin, Weapon, Tyrant's Reign, Heathen, Damien Thorne, Attacker,Warrant, Mystery Blue and more, warm-up Avenger!, Ironsword, Premordial) Itzehoe, Germany
23rd-24th July - Earthshaker hopefully!! Manowar, haven't ever seen them! And I won't get another chance this year. Also Overkill + Testament. Nurnberg, Germany.

I'll have to work my ass of to go to all of those though. But I'm willing to give that sacrifice :D

nice stuff to look out for there Griffin, maybe will pick some of those fextivals too..
for now on my list are
-March 19th Brocas Helm (& TPOG, Litany)
-March 29th Masterplan (& Circle2circle, Rob Rock & Pure inc)
-March 27th Agent Steel
-April 22nd Brainstorm (& AT Vance and more important; Mercenary)
-May 6th Overkill + Support(?)
-May 13th Jon Oliva's Pain + Support (?)
-June 21st SkewSiskin

carnut said:
nice stuff to look out for there Griffin, maybe will pick some

Brainstorm isn't one of my favorites on disc, but they rip live. You will enjoy their live performance if you have never seen them.

Bryant

Only festival I have lined up is Download again, to see Megadeth, Black Sabbath, Slayer and Slipknot (cos I was supposed to see them on the Unholy Alliance tour but got kicked out :mad: ), don't really care for most of the others announced so far. Billy Idol and System Of A Down should be interesting.

Might be going Maker festival too, which is a local thing for druggies and gromits :loco: I have special reason to go, if I do though...

Judas Priest in 23 days is the only gig I have lined up :D

5th of April

Kamelot in Zoetermeer!

And I wish I could see all the show Griffin is going to! :)
Go Griffin go!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :headbang:

carnut said:
-May 6th Overkill + Support(?)
-May 13th Jon Oliva's Pain + Support (?)

BrainStorm FUCKING RULE Live!!! they are Excellent!!! The same goes for Jon Oliva's! ... and Well Over Kill are Gods!

Bryant said:
Brainstorm isn't one of my favorites on disc, but they rip live. You will enjoy their live performance if you have never seen them.

Bryant

They really dont seem to beable to Capture that Energy they have on stage on record Which is a Shame! cause live on Stage they are Awsome! but Shit if I listen to Soul Temptation for to long I fall asleep :erk:

Bands I'm hoping to see in the near future are Dokken, Danger Danger, Vain, Bang Tango, Pretty Boy Flloyd and Enuff 'Z' Nuff
Looking forward to the Bloodstock Open Air Festival in June which will play host to the likes of Seb Bach, Edguy, Fourwaykill and Panic Cell.
and the indoor version of Bloodstock which will have Hammerfall, Bob Catley, Cathedral and Conquest of Steel.
There is also a charity gig I'm hoping to attend in Coventry with Panic Cell, Fourwaykill and Balance Of Silence

Metal Dog said:
Bands I'm hoping to see in the near future are Dokken, Danger Danger, Vain, Bang Tango, Pretty Boy Flloyd and Enuff 'Z' Nuff
Looking forward to the Bloodstock Open Air Festival in June which will play host to the likes of Seb Bach, Edguy, Fourwaykill and Panic Cell.
and the indoor version of Bloodstock which will have Hammerfall, Bob Catley, Cathedral and Conquest of Steel.
There is also a charity gig I'm hoping to attend in Coventry with Panic Cell, Fourwaykill and Balance Of Silence
Are Bang Tango any good these days?

:devil: Im going to the Fatal Force Fest on june 26 here in Indy to see
Macabre and many fine local and regional metal bands.
Then I am going to the Templars Of Doom Festival on Fri. July 8 at
Birdys in Indpls to see some mighty fine doom metal!
And I am going to torture my self again to go to Ozzfest this year
although I hate the crowds and the fuckin heat I gotta see me some
maiden and old school Anthrax and their is a strong rumour that In Flames
will play at Ozzfest also! :kickass:

so far this years line up is weak for shows but festivals I'll be at

ProgPower VI
Ozzfest if all the rumours are true Maiden's only US tour dates..... :yell:

I wish I was going to Sweden Rock and any other damn festival in Europe!! Someday dammit someday :headbang: :headbang:

A banner year -- having not been to a festival ever before, I'll be at the Chicago Power Fest next month (Lefay - Imagika), followed by Dynamo in Holland (Testament -- Anthrax) and then the Rock Hard in Germany (Accept -- Overkill).

Yeah!