Fifth album ideas?

lailomun

New Metal Member
Feb 2, 2010
well i know it's a bit early for this thread :) but i don't want to wait for another six years for a different masterpiece, so if kobi and co. are reading this, they can sum up different ideas and make our suffering last shorter :)

i think that a dual album about the Exodus would be a great idea. just like mabool, but with an improved musicality like in orwarrior... the first album can be about the life of the jewish in egypt and the ten plagues etc. and the second album may be about the exile and the parting of the red sea. and of course, kobi and friends can find a way to convert these mostly-jewish incidents into a global matter, we don't want to offend the muslim fans :)

Hey, that's the concept of Amaseffer!
Anyway, I believe the OL guys will post something when they get around to work on the new album. Now is the time for touring you know...

Yeah, this is a nice idea about a concept, but this has already been done, not only by Amaseffer.
Never too soon to start thinking about a new album, after all Kobi stated in some interviews they would like to deliver a new album in 2 to 3 years. Maybe we can help speed up things with the suggestions.

Hm, perhaps OL5 might be something about about meeting Muslim djinn, Jewish Seraph and Heruv, about washing away sins through good deeds and reaching Gan 'Eden, Muslim heaven (Jannah) and Christian Kingdom of Jesus/Jeshua/Isa,,, after going through the Lake of Fire (Hades, She'ol), meeting Efreeti, challenging the false prophets (aka consumerism, capitalism and all these evil world's governments/politicians), and getting through Purgatory (Barzakh).
There could be mentioned the great historical wrongs - the Yathrib fights, and Medina tensions, and Mecca wars, and finally the Bassorah battle (see Wiki). The message should be that the bloodstained past should lie buried not coming into future as a vampire...

The concept could include indirect references to the lives of Mohammad (peace be upon him) and Aisha the Mother of Islam, Isa, Mariam Magdalena the First Disciple of Christianity, about Christian monk Baghira who influenced Mohammad, about wise and fair king Solomon (Suleiman).

Some quotations on unity of Muslims, Christians and Judaists:

"Believers, Jews, Sabaeans or Christians - whoever believes in God and the Last Day and does what is right - shall have nothing to fear or regret" (Qu'ran)

"And mankind is naught but a single nation" (Qu'ran)

More from Qu'ran:
[7:159] Among the followers of Moses there are those who guide in accordance with the truth, and the truth renders them righteous.

[5:46] Subsequent to them, we sent Jesus, the son of Mary, confirming the previous scripture, the Torah (Tawrat). We gave him the Gospel (Injil), containing guidance and light, and confirming the previous scriptures, the Torah (Tawrat), and augmenting its guidance and light, and to enlighten the righteous.

[5:47] The people of the Gospel (Injil) shall rule in accordance with GOD's revelations therein. Those who do not rule in accordance with GOD's revelations are the wicked.

[2:62 & 5:69] Surely, those who believe, those who are Jewish, the Christians, and the converts; anyone who (1) believes in GOD, and (2) believes in the Last Day, and (3) leads a righteous life, will receive their recompense from their Lord. They have nothing to fear, nor will they grieve.

Torah:
"Any non-Jew who follows these laws [the Seven Laws of Noah/Nuh] (e.g. Muslims and Christians) has a place in the World to Come."

[to be continued]

I proposed a similar idea some years ago(2006 I believe) the next album of OL(that is before OrWarrior was announced) would be called Sinai which is the desert the people of israel walked through with moses for 40 years on their way from Egypt to the promised land.
I think there were enough people who thought about this idea long before me.
that's because it's a great idea.

Well, I can think about like mixing up all the religius thing with some different historical moments, where we could see the 3 big religions fighting each other and how a big mistake it always was.

There would be 3 periods: First would be at the beggining of our age with the rising of Jesus and how the conflicts between Judaism, the very very very first Christianims and the paganisnm of the Roman empire, all involved with political issues conducted to a terrible period of sorrow; then again a jump through history right to the 20th and the Holocaust, with Nazism being a pagan-christian based ideology and how both jews and muslims suffered for bullshit and once again not only the ideological but the political issues involved in all this, and then a new jump in history right to the conflicts in Israel and how it's possible to find some kind of paralelism between this 3 periods of times, the conflicts and the consequences of it, and how both the politics and the religions were involved, twisting the important things of being all human beings, turning the world into a blood pool of anger and ignorance.

This is a very basic explanation, but I think you could get the point.

That's very interesting as well.

Of course I hope the political scenario improves to great extent and that they won't have to sing about conflict, though that is unlikely. I'm quite interested in mysticism and I personally would like to hear something drastically different conceptually. With the picture of the Whirling Dervishes, zombie Jesus, etc it would be amazing if they could weave a story together incorporating the message and stories of mystics from across the world. Sufism would be good hit as it's quite a fascinating topic. I suppose extremist Islam might have wiped out the Sufi culture in many parts of the Middle-East but there is/was a prominent Sufi culture in the North India/Pakistan region [and Turkey]. The Sufi saints have actually achieved a lot of what OL hopes to achieve; bridging the gap and promote peace. A myriad of communities lived together in peace thanks to them and even today a lot of Hindus visit the dargah of Khwaja Moinuddin Chisti for prayer and pilgrimage. Something that I've noticed is that though the base religions may be different, the mystic orders of most religions are fundamentally similar. This may be pretty much alien to the people from Israel and the Arab countries but Shye Ben-Tzur bridges our little barrier of communication by singing the Qawwals in Hebrew and happens to play some amazing flute as well. Qawwal in Hebrew is supposed to be an oxymoron considering the world in which we live in, as it's in the language of the Jews sung by one, in a style that is very much Muslim.

This is a song called Damadam Mast Kalandar [very famous folk song in Punjab/Rajasthan] with Shye on the Bansuri [flute] and some other guy playing the Bouzouki and also using a bass guitar.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxURpAAe58U&feature=related[/ame]

I wasn't able to find any videos on youtube with his Hebrew songs, I'll be looking for it though. It also turns out that Shye has been friends with Yossi and Kobbi since their high school days, as I've learnt from my little correspondance with him.

Probably Turkish Sufism will be more relevant in context, but that's what the Indian in me is yearning for :D

EDIT: One thing I like about Sufi music is the way it picks up pace fervently and results in a very uplifting experience.

Other interesting concept might be related to apocalypse. As far as I know the three big religions got some apocalyptical ideas about the end of the world in one way or another, so maybe making up an album based in the actual end of the world being the same for everyone and how that fact finally makes people realize that fighting is useless and meaningless since we are all the same; only that the y find this out too late 'cause the world is ending, so it would be kind of a big moral of a fable.

Apocalypse (Greek word for "Revelation") which describes Harmageddon (an epic battle in ancient Judea, Harmageddon valley) is a rather trivial subject covered in metal for numerous times. It's in fact not the end of the world, but the end of Roman empire which hunted Jews and early Christians. See BBC Bible Mysteries series for details:
Episode 9: Revelations
The programme reveals how archaeology and science show that Revelation was written not for a 21st century audience, but by a church leader called John for his 1st century Christian Church, and that it was written as a warn- ing by him against involvement in the Roman Empire and in particular the worship of its emperors. In a surprising twist, the programme also reveals that thanks to recent archaeological finds the infamous number of the Beast may not be 666 but 616...

As for the Sinai story, that's also a point of unity for sure.

Apocalypse (Greek word for "Revelation") which describes Harmageddon (an epic battle in ancient Judea, Harmageddon valley) is a rather trivial subject covered in metal for numerous times. It's in fact not the end of the world, but the end of Roman empire which hunted Jews and early Christians. See BBC Bible Mysteries series for details:
Episode 9: Revelations
The programme reveals how archaeology and science show that Revelation was written not for a 21st century audience, but by a church leader called John for his 1st century Christian Church, and that it was written as a warn- ing by him against involvement in the Roman Empire and in particular the worship of its emperors. In a surprising twist, the programme also reveals that thanks to recent archaeological finds the infamous number of the Beast may not be 666 but 616...

As for the Sinai story, that's also a point of unity for sure.

Yeh yeh, I have watched that documentary (in fact, I own the series in DVD), and of course, to me, as an atheist, it's just logical to thing in the book of Revelations as a warning for the current time of it's writting, with The Beast being but Roman emperor Neron. But you have to consider it also as a religious issue, this is, as a warning for something still to come, related to something still to happen, which will lead to the end of the world, or at least, the end of the world as we know it.

If you find that a trivial thing, then I can't figure out what would be important or whatever for you :D

And it's surelly perfect when you play with the "actual" meaning of these revelations, the "suppose to be" meaning, the conflicts between religions and how would we all find out there's no point in fighting only to watch the end of the world/an era/whatever, but just too late...or not. You can turn this in whatever direction you want and add every idea you have 'cause is a thing so mysterius and lacked of concrete information and meaning, that big stories can be grown up from it in almost every way you can imagine!!!

Oh sorry, I might have sounded too categorical. Aha, what matters is that interpretations always vary in an enormous scale, until someone creates a "fashion" in interpretation. Like, you know, another movie includes apocryphal teachings of Mariam of Magdalena, which were later thrown away by major Christianity trends along with increasing patriarchality of the system.

I guess being non-believers or believers into smthng different allows having more objectivity about these major religions as you're out of personal involvement and emotional attachments, sticking to facts and digging for the roots rather than taking any dogmas as granted. Still some popular interpretations positively matter much for majority of believers.

Oh sorry, I might have sounded too categorical. Aha, what matters is that interpretations always vary in an enormous scale, until someone creates a "fashion" in interpretation. Like, you know, another movie includes apocryphal teachings of Mariam or Magdalena, which were later thrown away by major Christianity trends along with increasing patriarchality of the system.

I guess being non-believers or believers into smthng different allows having more objectivity about these major religions as you're out of personal involvement and emotional attachments, sticking to facts and digging for the roots rather than taking any dogmas as granted. Still some popular interpretations positively matter much for majority of believers.

Yeh I know what you mean :) Thing is that, yeh, apocalypse, or whatever, have been used many times by many bands, but just in a plain and simple way and interpretation, without considering the different possible meanings and the different "end of the world" tales in the different religions and how could them be connected, as the religions themselves are. And to just take this topic in a plain and logical interpretation as in the History Channel series is quite...don't know, like killing the mystery.

I think this topic could be interesting 'cause the "information" given and the tales told are quite vague in many points and allow to built and create your own story and interpretations almost out of the blue, which could be great for a band like OL. I mean, you can't forget about the mysticism of this kind of things with a band like OL, which is basically "built" around mysticism in many ways :) So just consider apocalypse as a trivial thing becuase archeology and science can actually say it was meant to be a warning related with the roman empire, is like saying that The Flood was just a natural thing that happent in certain lands when the Mediterranean and the Black Sea(originally a lake) got united many centuries ago. It would kill the magic and make the concept around such a great album as Mabool just pointless, if you get my point. :)

PS: Is 5:30 am, just got back home from watching Evile and I'm possibly drunk, so sorry If I say something inadecuate or, you know, unintelligible :D

I think Orphaned Land should dig in the sefaradic (spanish) history of the 11-12-13 century. This was an interesting period where spain saw the Muslims, Jews and Christians in the same space, at peace and at war, exchanging about art, philosophy, poetry and science, and giving the base of a European change in those areas.
For those interested about this period, I advice to watch the movie "The Destiny" from Youssef Chahine.

I think Orphaned Land should dig in the sefaradic (spanish) history of the 11-12-13 century. This was an interesting period where spain saw the Muslims, Jews and Christians in the same space, at peace and at war, exchanging about art, philosophy, poetry and science, and giving the base of a European change in those areas.
For those interested about this period, I advice to watch the movie "The Destiny" from Youssef Chahine.

And this is indeed a great historical background, with tons and tons of examples about peace and relations between the three religions and also, tons about war and discrimiantion between them too. Great idea man.

Sounds great -that is also stated by BBC's "Muslim History Of Europe" documentary.

I found out that that the original meaning of "Jihad" in Arabic is "the way of purifying and improving yourself". Parents can be on Jihad by raising a kid in a better way; a kid can be on Jihad by studying better; anyone can be on Jihad getting rid of armful habits etc.

I have been a true believer of New Age and neo-spiritualism for about 20 years as now. And I must say there are so many vast and diverse inspirations to draw from out of them. Since we are really close to the end of Mayan calendar ending at the end of 2012, a concept containing spiritual channelled teachings combined with the forthcoming collective Ascension into the 4th and 5th dimension may be deeply didactic and thought provoking. The possible integration of the subject to the history of religions is left to the band. But OL should hurry up as the date is drawing nearer. (Great way to provoke them for the next release to come out to finish at once, he he) :)