new to orphaned land

I discovered this band a few weeks ago , El Norra Alila is my favourite album :) I lent it to a friend of mine but he lost it!!! Now in the summer -when I get a lot of money from my grandparents :D- I will get all of their albums :) I'm really mad for them , I want to play their music...

im new too. can anyone explain to me who are the seven, from the 3 sons of seven? are they referring to the seven nations that should be founded?

Hi all. I am also new, recently discovered Orphaned Land.

I was browsing the official website www.orphaned-land.com and one thing struck me was the acoustic song playing in the background. I really liked it. Can anybody tell me the name of this song please? :)

Yup, sure can- it is 'the calm before the flood' number 9 on the Mabool album.
How did you happen to find out about Orphaned Land? It is amazing to see that 2 years after Mabool was released, people are still falling in love with the album. It deserves no less than this, for being very very special. Still it is nice to se people are still 'discovering' it.

I guess what I am trying to say is: welcome to the club!:)

Morticia NL. said:
Yup, sure can- it is 'the calm before the flood' number 9 on the Mabool album.
How did you happen to find out about Orphaned Land? It is amazing to see that 2 years after Mabool was released, people are still falling in love with the album. It deserves no less than this, for being very very special. Still it is nice to se people are still 'discovering' it.

I guess what I am trying to say is: welcome to the club!:)

First of all, thank you very much for your answer.

I had heard about Orphaned Land before but recently a friend of mine recommended OL, he even played a couple of songs. I also saw the video of Orphaned Land's Istanbul concert. They covered a very popular Turkish song "Estarabim" by old legend Erkin Koray. I was really impressed (especially with the fact that lead singer took his time learning the lyrics and singing the song in Turkish). by the way, I am into pretty much all sorts of rock/metal, but being Turkish, I have a soft spot for oriental/eastern tunes, so I really enjoyed the mix of oriental sounds and metal when hearing Orphaned Land. I browsed through their website, they geniuenly seem like very nice people. I am definitely going to CD-store tomorrow to look for OL albums :)

Welcome to the OL family...
The previous OL albums "Sahara" and "El Norra Alila" are very oriental too but more old school death metal, rather then Mabool which is more prog.
I would recommend you to check them out.

Hmm... I think that he doesn't need any recommendation. By the time he will listen to Mabool, he will buy very soon the other albums...

Ahaa- so you're Turkish. Well, Orphaned Land has been enjoying a strong fanbase in Turkey for years. I've had the pleasure of seeing some of their performances in Turkey and pple percieve them as gods....It was wonderful to see a metalshow in Turkey!!! You guys know how to rock.

Kobi- the singer- is really into that 'old' turkish rock singer stuff. You'll have to excuse me for putting it like that, but overhere in Holland we are totally oblivious to any turkish rock history. I can however tell you that I think Estarabim is the best of their coversongs- it's so fucking catchy!