Bring Orphaned Land back to the UK

Mabool

May 17, 2006
London
Hi everyone,
Im from England and saw Orphaned Land for the first time at ProgpowerUK in march this year, I had never heard of them until then and WOW what a show! these guys, Threshold and Pagan's Mind stole the show for me! Their music was so powerful, enlightneing, simple yet complex!
I am now offically hooked after buying Mabool from the desk after they had played and bumped into Matti and Uri and Natalie (from Orphaned-Disciples) and told them what I thought.
Anyway, I was talking to Yossi the other day via email (I had sent him and Kobi and email begging them to come back) and he said they would love to come back, he said I should make some noise so I am starting here. So anyone on this froum from the UK who want to see Orphaned Land back in the UK as soon as possible reply to this thread and lets get the ball rolling and help me make some noise! Unleash our rageing storms!

Warren

Absolutely, both shows were fantastic.

I have been a fan for years, but several of the people that came along with me have been converted by the PPUK shows.

I am annoyed that the Wacken performance clashes with Morbid Angel though, that should not have been scheduled!

Ken, you are going back to The States this week? Never had chance to catch up for that beer!

Hi Warren, I'm completely with you, I saw Orphaned Land for the first time at ProgPowerUK and was equally impressed. I listen to Mabool everyday and am buying it for all my friend's birthdays! We must get them back to the UK soon, so lets spread the word. The other day I went to a rock night at my local pub and the DJ actually played Ocean Land, I couldn't believe it, their music is already spreading which is great news!:headbang:

Ruth that wasn't down the Rat and Parrot in Bexleyheath was it? beacuase they have a rock night every thursday, i am always there n some of the guys at rock matrix went down to PPUK as sponsors and sell some stuff in the market. Afterwards me and my mate were raving so one of the guys said "lets get some orphaned land on" so they played ocean land

Yes it was at the Rat & Parrot in Bexleyheath, what a small world!!! I'll let you know when I'm next going down there and we will have to say Hello.

WOW that is a small world Ruth! Yeah either send me a PM on here or email me on interstellar_overdrive2@yahoo.co.uk It was me and my mate who asked them to play it and Adam (he runs Rock Matrix) was like yeah lets play it they were impressive. We will have to join forces and help them come back over! The Bexleyheath/Erith contingant!

Just bug any promotor you can find and let your friends hear the albums. This is the best advertising for the band!

By the way- it was great fun meeting up with so many fellow fans in England. Sometimes it seems like the UK scene and the one in Europe are completely different galaxies, this time it proved not to be true.

Well Morticia the gap isn't really that wide, its just rock, metal, prog doesn't rule the world like it use to. I was born in 85 and seen it rise to some form of mainstream but you don't get bands like Edguy getting number 5 spots and stuff its still very much boring boring indie and corprate pop/rock rubbish that block up the charts, so stuff like Orphaned Land, Pagan's Mind, even our own Dragonforce: intersteign stuff don't get a look in.
But then we are in a minority and should be proud of that, It's like I said to Ruth, Iv set the ball rolling down our local rock night, OL have hooked me and my mates (im becoming slighly obsesseive with this band, in a musical sense) so hopefully it will snowball.
I have tried to bug, but most of the places I can thing of over here like the mean fiddler/Astoria, Camden Underworld and electric ballroom don't have any contacts so I may have to go up their personally and bug

YEAH! Iv finally got my hands on Sahara and El Norra Alila! I can finally get aquanted with the Land's back catolouge! :headbang:
Il request some more OL tomorrow down the Rat, but I need to get up to london and haven't had the time to do so at the moment be it down to lack of funds or just lack of time but I will get up their maybe try this saturday, take a trip to camden and cut back via leciester square so i can pop into teh camden underworld, electric ballroom, mean fiddler/astoria.

Mabool said:
Please please please please come back! Man look at me, Begging!

Preaching to the converted here :lol:

Well, it won't be live but Orphaned Land will be playing at my wedding tomorrow, before, during and after the meal :headbang: Well maybe not so much :headbang: as we've had to choose the quieter tracks - I don't think the folks would fully appreciate it. :)

Congrats on getting wedding, Im trying to get the Land back to the UK, I saw them at Progpower UK and they were amazing! Yes I am now a converted! LOL