new to orphaned land

musicnerd

Oct 19, 2004
I just found out about orphaned land today and order Mabool. So are these guys a Jewish metal band?? If so...that is so cool. Their lyrics don't seem to be your "normal" metal lyrics. The concept on mabool is pretty fascinatingIs there lots of growling on the album. I can handle that in small doses. Peace.

Yup, Orphaned Land specializes in parodies of pop music. Like their hit, "Hard-on Disease." No, really.

musicnerd said:
Is there lots of growling on the album. I can handle that in small doses.
I recognise your name from the Opeth board. If you like Mikael's vocals (the growls vs the clean vocals), you will love Kobi's and Orphaned Land. Trust me!

why being cynical guys?
Welcome aboard musicnerd!
OL are an israeli band, and their music and lyrics are influenced buy all three religions and music of the middle east.

It seems Orphaned Land combines three of my favorite things....progressive metal, middle eastern music, and sprituality!! I listened to a few sound clips and was blown away. I can't wait to give a Mabool a full listen on Friday. And thank you to those who your welcoming in their posts. Peace.

Welcome in musicnerd- how did you find out about Mabool?
If you are new to the music of Orphaned Land, it gets even better, they have more albums than Mabool. Check out this forum (older posts) and you can find out a lot about the band, the music and the special kind of fans they have.

You are welcome to put in your opinions etc.

I picked up Mabool this weekend. This album will easily be in my top five!!! I love everything about it... the different languages, vocal styles (even the growling), traditional Middle Eastern influences. I hope these guys continue making music for a long time!!!!! They just got themselves a new fan.

musicnerd said:
I picked up Mabool this weekend. This album will easily be in my top five!!! I love everything about it... the different languages, vocal styles (even the growling), traditional Middle Eastern influences. I hope these guys continue making music for a long time!!!!! They just got themselves a new fan.

Now, you have to discover their oldest records... EL NORRA ALILA and SAHARA, a bit more extreme... but full of magice!

musicnerd said:
I picked up Mabool this weekend. This album will easily be in my top five!!! I love everything about it... the different languages, vocal styles (even the growling), traditional Middle Eastern influences.

I agree that Mabool is an enjoyable album. I still enjoy it, even after hundreds of listens.

But I feel that El Norra Alila is a little better.:heh:

Mabool is more accesible to the wide audience.
El Norra Alila is heavier and darker.
I like more El Norra Alila, but both are perfect.