Fill out your surveys!!!!

ThXinc

Uber Metal
I got a follow up survey request from the travel booking agent I used to get my room at the Fairfield. The environment the Fairfield provides makes the weekend that much more enjoyable. Family environment for us metal heads! The patience, understanding and service they provide is 2nd to none and makes for a home away from home experience during Progpower. I filled out the survey giving them thanks and rave reviews. Please be sure to do the same for both the Granada and the Fairfield because without these two hotels accomodating and generous understanding efforts for PP, the experience wouldn't be the same.

Just sent in some compliments about the staff at the hotel. I hope they get the feedback at the hotel itself.

I just got an email from these people saying they were sorry for my experience at the Fairfield????? WTF, I wrote nothing but good things to them about the hotel and the staff. So I had to write a response telling them "THIS WAS NOT A COMPLAINT". I told them again how excellent the service was at the hotel. Hope this doesn't mean they have been getting a bunch of complaints for all the crazy long haired people with scary shirts on??????

Thanks for the link!!! I sent a huge letter of thanks.

It might be a good idea for the Fairfield to block booking for the hotel to ProgPower patrons only. It will still be guaranteed to fill up. It might also keep the security from detering our late-night partying on the patio. At the very least, they ought to think about having everyone from ProgPower be on the pool-side of the hotel. Come to think of it, I didn't come across anyone who was on the other side of the hotel so perhaps they DID put us all on one side... of couse they didn't ask, but I guess the black metal shirts and skull jewelry tipped them off. :D

Tammy Z

We were on the outer side of the hotel (facing south), in one of those apartment-like rooms with full kitchen (Room 314), and there was a sizeable group of metalheads right down the walkway from us, in 308, I think. I'm kinda glad we were on the other side; I can't imagine falling asleep too easily with the racket -- cool though it was! -- from the pool and/or second floor patio.

I sent some positive feedback and got a response thanking me for my compliments and advising that the hotel staff would be told.

Well they got my second email right. Here is what they sent back.

Please accept our apologies for the miscommunication regarding the
nature of your correspondence. We would like to
thank you for your very kind Internet message regarding the exemplary
service you received while a guest at our
Atlanta, GA Midtown Fairfield Inn by Marriott. We appreciate the time
you set aside to share your experience.

Exceptional associates, who strive to exceed rather than simply meet
expectations, often illustrate our success.
The hotel staff truly emulates the tradition of exceptional service
Marriott strives to maintain.

We are forwarding your comments to our hotel's Executive Office to
ensure that your positive feedback is shared with
these associates for their outstanding service. We appreciate your
continued patronage and value your opinion.

Regards,

Carrie Rose
Marriott Internet Guest Relations

Thats better!!!

ThXinc said:
I got a follow up survey request from the travel booking agent I used to get my room at the Fairfield. The environment the Fairfield provides makes the weekend that much more enjoyable. Family environment for us metal heads! The patience, understanding and service they provide is 2nd to none and makes for a home away from home experience during Progpower. I filled out the survey giving them thanks and rave reviews. Please be sure to do the same for both the Granada and the Fairfield because without these two hotels accomodating and generous understanding efforts for PP, the experience wouldn't be the same.

Never stayed at the Fairfiled...At the Residence Inn, one street up, we had a suite with a full kitchen and refridgerator, plus 2 tv sets and internet access IN THE ROOM...and only paid 99 bucks a night...I wonder how they compare.

I am planning on staying there next year, since I got screwed over by the Super 8 this year...

At prog power 2 we stayed in a hotel pretty far from the venue..a very nice super 8 in downtown, real close to the Tabarnacle (SP?), the venue of the pre-party that year...

Prog Power 3, 4 and 5 we stayed at the super 8 listed on this site..
We never had any problems, until this year...

We had reservations @ $53 a night, for 3 nights (from thursday to sunday morning).....
On Friday a third friend of ours arrived, and the hotel said that we had to pay for the extra person $20 dollars per night... I said it would be ok...

But when I got the bill, it was a LOT more than that... They raised the price to 69.99 a night AND added the 20 bucks for ALL 3 DAYS! Even though my friend only arrived on friday...

What was supposed to be an $180 bill, turned out to be over 300 bucks...

The whole reason why we stayed in that shithole was to save money (we are all broke college students)... LOL Yeah, whatever... All I know is that I am staying at the Fairfield next year :headbang:

sh0kr0k said:
Come to think of it, I didn't come across anyone who was on the other side of the hotel so perhaps they DID put us all on one side...
We were pretty much all over that hotel. :) I was on the back side, just like Pellaz, and I always saw people coming in and out of rooms over there. I think Marriott should just re-name the hotel The ProgPower Palace for one weekend each year. :)

--Mike

Greykiller said:
Never stayed at the Fairfiled...At the Residence Inn, one street up, we had a suite with a full kitchen and refridgerator, plus 2 tv sets and internet access IN THE ROOM...and only paid 99 bucks a night...I wonder how they compare.
Pretty comparable, sounds like. I think we paid about that much for a parlor room + bed three years ago at the Fairfield. Last year we had a stunning two-bedroom apartment at the Fairfield with full kitchen/microwave/fridge, two bathrooms (oh! the luxury!), three TVs, one including DVD/VCR player and home theater rig, pull-out couch, etc. $150/night but a family could LIVE there (and during ProgPower, of course, one extended family did :))

We weren't so lucky this year, as Glenn booked all of those for the bands. :tickled: