Final Damnation

metal_wrath

I dip my forefinger...
Mar 20, 2006
...in the watery blood
I have a question about the track orders on Damnation. I always wondered, why is there Closure, closely followed by Ending Credits, and then....Weakness. Why didn't they close the album with Ending Credits as the final track, afterall it does bring to mind the ending of something, as it does in a movie. Also, it is funny that there is a song called Closure as well, which is in the middle of the album, however I know that song title is due to the songs subject matter

:ill:

They are just song titles dude, just because a song has the word end, or closure in it, doesnt mean it has to be at the end of an album.
Also if you listen to closure, it ends very abruptly, kinda ironic don't you think considering the title of the song...

The ending credits of a movie can get pretty long ... often there are two songs or even more that get played while the credits cross the screen. The first one is the simple, straight forward closing song that lasts just while the majority of the audience leave the cinema. The second song might just be more interesting to reward those that stayed to see it right through to the end.

weakness is a very "stark" song. there's only mellotron, vocals, and the occasional lead guitar. In terms of numbers of instruments, it's the most stark song on the album. it serves as a nice quiet ending to the album simply because it's very soothing and there's not much going on. it makes perfect sense to end it on that note...in my opinion

Ending Credits is definitely my favourite son on Damnation. sadly, its followed by Weakness which i could never stand at all

0mg the 2nd track of pain of salvation's remedy alne is called ending theme is this a pressing error i think it should be the last track on the album cause of the title wtf