Final Frontier - First Track Revealed!

Yeah, when I actually tried to download it, it worked straight away.

I'm kind of disappointed. If this is the first single, surely it should be amazing from the first listen, and one of the better songs? It's not that bad, but it's not what I'd expect from Maiden's final album. It just sounds like they really couldn't be arsed to put effort in, so just rushed an album out so they could retire.

I think El Dorado is good, reminiscent of Wasted Years at times I think it's a decent track with fantastic solos. I think the artwork is good too, both for the album and for the single. I think it's the first time I've heard Bruce's vocals lacking on a track though. Then again, he is 51, and human.

It's so uninspired... lazy songwriting, pretty poor lyrics. The solos are ok, though Janick just sounds like Janick, and Dave hasn't been the same since Dance of Death. They kinda got old and lazy, and the vocal melody is just shit in the verses. Really poor.

And the production is a fucking butcher's job. Terrible. Kevin Shirley just sucks...

It's hard for me to say all this because they've been my favourite band for 18 years. I just pray the rest of the album is better.

Whatever note he's attempting to hit, he's nae getting it.

Well he is hitting the note... It wouldn't be on the recording if he didn't. Just doesn't seem as full on and as powerful. But his vocals do pick up in moments. So I'm gonna go for that it could have been intended.

I really like the new song. And I'm sure the album as a whole will be great!

I also love the artwork.

:yow:

levi_roots_reggae_reggae_sauce.jpg

?

It sounds like it could be a filler song from "Killing the Dragon" by Dio. Or a terrible cover by a Dio cover band. Not feeling it at all.

I think Bruce forgot to hit the "Effort" button in the studio....

Listening to it right now. Not a good track but not the worst I've heard. Bruce can do MUCH better. First time I've heard a maiden song where BRUCE is holdng em back.

It also kinda dies towards the end. After the solo it got very dull.

This is just my opinion after the first couple of listens.