Iron Maiden - The Final Frontier

New Accept is kicking Iron Maiden's arse, guys, on first impressions... Iron Maiden really need to write shorter songs if only for Bruces' sake!

I honestly haven't heard anything from the album to make me think Bruce is straining or anything. I remember thinking the same thing when people were suggesting his peformance on Dance of Death was bellow par. Sure, he isn't belting out power like he was in the 80s, but I think of his vocals on the later albums as just how he sounds now, not bad to my ears.

I enjoy The Final Frontier more with each listen, and I don't think people will have fully digested it for many more weeks to come. Seems to be a real grower from every comment I have heard about it.

I honestly haven't heard anything from the album to make me think Bruce is straining or anything. I remember thinking the same thing when people were suggesting his peformance on Dance of Death was bellow par.

I was going to use these clips to support the idea that the Dance Of Death vocals were no more than polished demos. (the first time I heard them I thought they were horrible). BUT now, they seem pretty damn good!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT8AWzoF-uc&feature=related[/ame]

Nothing comes close to this however;
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oa3a10gHiDA&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm really starting to like Starblind. I think it could be my favourite track. I also love The Talisman.

Not fussed on Coming Home or The Alchemist. I honestly can't remember how The Man Who Would Be King and When the Wild Wind Blows go.

You need access to the seperate tracks to be able to do that, which usually comes via people hacking guitar hero these days.

So far the album hasn't a patch on the previous two for me, but I'm still loving it. I discovered an amazing three guitar part in the middle of The Talisman, which I am loving more and more, along with most songs. Starblind and Isle of Avalon are the biggest growers for me though.