Final Year Uni Project: Anyone Want to Provide Some Raw Files?

AdenP

New Metal Member
Jun 28, 2009
tl;dr - I'm gonna be mixing a metal track for my final year Uni project. Would anybody be happy to provide me with some raw tracks from a recording you've done (more "pro" the better) for me to use?

I should probably have decided what I'm doing exactly quite a while ago, but I still haven't. Nevertheless, I'm going to be doing some kind of metal mix. What I haven't decided is what I will be mixing. As far as I can think of, I have three options; get some raw tracks from my tutor, record my own metal track at uni, or get some raw tracks from here.

However, if I got a session from my tutor, I have a feeling it'd be awkward, with him having already mixed the track himself before, he'll have his own opinion on how it should be done / what sounds good, and probably won't like what I've done compared to his.

If I record my own metal track, well... I have no time left to organise and do a good job of it.

So I guess my best option would be to get something from one of you guys, if you have a project lying around that you wouldn't mind sending to me.

It wouldn't be used for anything other than my Uni project, and of course you would be credited.

What I would require/prefer:
A metal track, no particular genre, but something more "modern" would be better (i.e. Something more towards 'extreme metal', some riffs with palm muting etc... djent?, shouty/growly vocals (although singing is still fine)).

Good quality recordings, with the overheads, vocals and possibly toms being the most vital.
(I'll need real drums, no steven slate/SD2.0/Metal Foundry etc.)
(Also, if you happened to take single hit samples from the kit used for tracking and still have them, they'd be very useful)

DIs for the guitars and bass.

Session tempo information would be helpful.

So yeah, if you think you've got something that I could use, and can actually be arsed to upload and send me the wavs, please do. You will be doing me a massive favour and I will love you eternally (or, internally, if that's how you roll).

Ah thanks, although a lot of the ones I'd want seem to be offline now (or uploaded to MegaUpload which isn't working).

I browsed through the pages a few weeks back and downloaded any sessions I could that were still online, but out of those I couldn't find one that was quite right for my project, hence this thread.

Thanks for that, great post. Shame about the dead ones. Downloading a bunch now though.