Anyone want to play some guest bass on my EP?!?!

muckypup1

Sinister Haven \m/
Jul 13, 2009
UK, Islington
Well me and a few mates are writing our bands first EP, but we don't have a bassist...

Would any of you dudes be interested in playing some kick ass bass?

The music is kind of prog/heavy metal with some slight Nevermore influences, and its all 7 string guitars :D

I just finished tracking the guitars for the first song yesterday, so I'll have a rough mix to post here later today so you can hear, but I have a Guitar Pro tab if you would rather hear it quicker :D

Just leave a post here or message me on my msn at muckypup1@gmail.com

Here the song is - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3163522/Sinister Haven - Backing Track 1 - Mastered.mp3

I've recorded a rough and raw bass track just so this sounds better, YOUR bass track will replace it :D you can play what you want as long as it works with the song

i can play bass, but don't have 5 string bass.

just want to know your song

Message me on MSN to get the guitar pro tab, I'll be posting the recorded song here in a few hours once I have it mixed :)

I would rather it was a 5 string bass, but a 4 string will do as well, the low B notes can just be played an octave higher :D

at the moment Professorlamp has been chosen to do the bass, but the offer is still open! Maybe the best track could be chosen if there is more than one bassist who will record it...

hey, I'd be interested. I have a 5 string Jazz, but I don't have Guitar Pro, but i guess I can use the trail version of it.
Do you have any ideas / constrainst on what you want the bass part to be like? or is it completely open house?

My first Post!
You can use TuxGuitar if you don't need the Guitarpro-Sound-Engine and don't want to pay. that is available for PC, Mac and Linux. Afaik you can import GP3, 4 and 5-Files.

hey, I'd be interested. I have a 5 string Jazz, but I don't have Guitar Pro, but i guess I can use the trail version of it.
Do you have any ideas / constrainst on what you want the bass part to be like? or is it completely open house?

I edited the first post.

You can play what ever you want, as long as it sounds good and fits in the song, if it sounds bad or out of tune/key, then it can't stay in though...

Muckypup, do you have the Guitar Pro file? could you put it up on Dropbox please?

Song is sounding great. what are the vocals going to be like?

Surprisingly enough, I have a 5 string bass that's in the exact same tuning that I use for my band.

I'd love to record this, but I'm sure you wouldn't want a bass track recorded through an RP250.

Cool song !
Im diggin the bludgeoning U.K style I think you have space to breath with this . A blast from the past .
Are you going to keep those sequenced orch hits & keys etc ?
You dont need them IMO .

Cool song !
Im diggin the bludgeoning U.K style I think you have space to breath with this . A blast from the past .
Are you going to keep those sequenced orch hits & keys etc ?
You dont need them IMO .

Thanks dude :kickass:

I'm thinking about cutting most of the synths, the song doesn't really need them.

I started on this on the weekend, but then I got crazy busyn (so is this week), so I'm not going to be able to get anything of any use to you.
Sorry about that. Hope you get some cool bass lines sent to you. It'd be interesting to hear what others come up with.