Some new shit...

muckypup1

Sinister Haven \m/
Jul 13, 2009
UK, Islington
http://www.myspace.com/sinisterhaven

Some rough mixes and ideas me and my mate are doing.

Backing Track 1 is our first song we have written, Backing Track 2 is just a short and groovy riff idea, Backing Track 3 is meh, so don't waste your time listening to it :D

And if you don't want to suffer the myspace compression/sound destruction, here a nice and shiny dropbox link is for our full song :D -

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3163522/Sinister Haven - Backing Track 1 - Mastered.mp3

Let me know what you think, and what you think could be improved, just remember this is a rough mix, and still hasn't got the soloing added yet because my mate injured his hand last week, but we'll get that done this week \m/

EDIT - also, add the myspace!

actually, the beggening the bass sounded kind'a weird but... then it sounds really great and made my head bang! right now i have been punishing my ears for hours non stop so i can't really say anything about the whole, but it's good music, that i can say

actually, the beggening the bass sounded kind'a weird but... then it sounds really great and made my head bang! right now i have been punishing my ears for hours non stop so i can't really say anything about the whole, but it's good music, that i can say

The bass is whats been giving me problems :S I'm not happy with the bass haha

Yeah the bass just sounds like a DI to me, but it is a cool song. I like the snare sound you've got, nice and natural. Toms sound kind of weird and I think the kick should be slightly louder. Guitars sound fine I guess, but there's something missing, they just seem kind of flat to me.

Yeah the bass just sounds like a DI to me, but it is a cool song. I like the snare sound you've got, nice and natural. Toms sound kind of weird and I think the kick should be slightly louder. Guitars sound fine I guess, but there's something missing, they just seem kind of flat to me.

I'm working on a new bass sound at the moment, I really suck at getting good bass tones :(

As much fun as full on crack hits all the time more, I'd vary the velocities some more, especially on kick and toms
Also, I'd make a parallel comp bus for your drums and slap some verb on it as well

As much fun as full on crack hits all the time more, I'd vary the velocities some more, especially on kick and toms
Also, I'd make a parallel comp bus for your drums and slap some verb on it as well

I just can't be dicked to go back and change the velocities again, I haven't got enough drum samples! But for the next song I will be changing the drum sound, and making more changes in the velocities \m/

Aside from what everyone else has said abo the intro bass... I like it! What chain are you using for guitars? Did you use EZ Drummer or SD2.0 for drums? What samples? I like that beefy kick.

Aside from what everyone else has said abo the intro bass... I like it! What chain are you using for guitars? Did you use EZ Drummer or SD2.0 for drums? What samples? I like that beefy kick.

The guitars were Lepou's LE456 amp sim with ryans s-preshigh impulse and a lot of eq'ing afterwards, I kept the bass pretty quiet, and i had a quite a lot of bass in the guitar sound.

The drums... so much work o_O

I used Addictive drums for my crashes, hi-hats and china hits, the toms were the chimaira tom samples, and the kick and snare were both a mix of like 5 different samples each, but no steven slate ones :D all of them were from this forum, i'm pretty sure they were anyway lol