Finally, a good Dragonforce concert!

txprog

Feb 22, 2006
Yes, they were outstanding the other night in Dallas. 6th time to see them and by far and away the best. Indeed, good venue with a a good sound system - House of Blues - helped, but they were on their game and it was a great time.

The crowd was surprisingly small, maybe half a house in a 1600 seat venue. Dragonforce was on a roll a couple of years ago, but I think now lots of fans or potential fans judge them as "uncool," maybe because of all the promotion and Guitar Hero stuff. Not sure, but the turn out was disappointing.

Nonetheless, a great show........

Agreed. I was at the Dallas show and thought Dragonforce were fantastic. I was in the front row and even from there the sound was great. That is one band that has a ton of energy on stage!

Regarding the opening acts: I thought Turisas were even better this time around than they were at Paganfest and I thought they were great then, too. And I'll be damned if Powerglove didn't come out of nowhere and put on an excellent set as well. They sounded very tight and their rendition of video game-inspired metal was actually very catchy. I liked it all.

All in all are very good night of music! :headbang: