Finally an announcement...though not what I wanted to hear

True, but definately not by releasing a WCFYA part II. They should have put out a killer album that would have started where POT had left off. Chances of that happening are almost zero now, oh well I bet Sodom, Kreator, Over Kill and Testament are happy to fill in the gap. The guys in ANTHRAX know how hungry the fans were during the reunion tour, they SAW that after more than a decade of deminishing popularity they were finally attracting some decent audiences again.....

It's a damn shame they dug their own grave it actually already started with the stupid ass way they announced the reunion. And the stupid behaviour afterwards saying bush was still part of the family etc. they should have been upfront about it all officially part ways with Bush or whatever....
Now nothing they will do will have any form of credibilty left, the stupidest thing would probably be either a "reunion" with Bush or an SOD "reunion".

They played the SAME venues they did on the WCFYA tour. They attracted the same audiences on the reunion tour as they were already getting, bud. I know you'd like to think your precious nostalgia trip was better but in all honesty it was about the same.

They did probably make more money with the reunion, though, because they charged more for tickets. The only bigger shows they did with the reunion were because they were the openers for a bigger band - Rob Zombie...and I doubt they got as large a percentage of ticket sales as they would have on their own.

As far as a "reunion" with Bush - they never announced an official split and since they were so careful to say nothing about the situation, many uninformed or casual fans thought the reunion was temporary anyway. So for all intents and purposes they can continue where they left off, assuming Bush wants to (I hope so)...and it won't really be a reunion.

As far as a "reunion" with Bush - they never announced an official split and since they were so careful to say nothing about the situation, many uninformed or casual fans thought the reunion was temporary anyway. So for all intents and purposes they can continue where they left off, assuming Bush wants to (I hope so)...and it won't really be a reunion.
Exactly. Scott was at Johns birthday party, he's been photographed recently with Rob at some party, according to the CDC they still keep in touch. I'm hoping it all carries on from where they left off. :kickass:

They played the SAME venues they did on the WCFYA tour. They attracted the same audiences on the reunion tour as they were already getting, bud. I know you'd like to think your precious nostalgia trip was better but in all honesty it was about the same.
I obviously can't speak for the rest of the country or world, but in Chicago, the Bushthrax lineup played a club called Oasis 160, and as good as the show was :)rock: ) the place was not a sell-out. The next year, with the Bellathrax lineup, they sold out The House Of Blues. It was packed!
Maybe Oasis 160 is a bigger place, I'm not sure, but it did seem that there were more people at HOB.
Again, I'm not sure how many people each venue holds.

Oasis 160 was a larger venue. The show had less promo than the HOB shows, and Oasis 160 was in the middle of no mans land. Anthrax has sold out the HOB many times with John, and if given the chance, would do it again.

Oasis 160 was a larger venue. The show had less promo than the HOB shows, and Oasis 160 was in the middle of no mans land. Anthrax has sold out the HOB many times with John, and if given the chance, would do it again.

Right plus, the you have to keep in mind the McRib factor of the reunion shows.

Same with the Ohio shows they played. I personally did not go to the reunion shows, but I know a few people who did, and they told me, while there were a lot of people at the reunion shows, there were not as many as there were for the Bush shows. So apparently a lot of Bush era fans didn't show up. And on the WCFYA tour, the band bragged about how Cleveland, Chicago, and Detroit were their 3 favorite US cities to play.

That explains that. I wasn't sure, but I thought Oasis 160 was bigger. Thanks.
And yes, I would be there if they played with John Bush!

The one show at oasis looked pretty dam close to being full. Again, mcrib factor on the first few reunion shows.