Finally Cleveland gets a decent festival!!!!

Well, you can scratch the Rhapsody rumor off the board; someone named 'MGromen' posted on the Nevermore forum saying that "we looked into [the festival]...but aren't playing"

I have my fingers crossed for Helloween though, what's it been? 5 years since they last played here?

I'm a little disappointed that Jag Panzer isn't playing anything from Mechanized Warfare but on the flipside I've always been a fan of Trouble and really look forward to getting to see them for the first time.

Speaking of first time, I'm listening to the new Kamelot CD Epica. Man it is GOOD!!!! First impressions are very positive

A great festival coming to Ohio and I will be in Europe for the Blind Guardian festival!

I guess I shouldn't complain too hard, but did it have to be THAT weekend?

It seems to be a great year for music shows. I'm going with my brother to a show in Atlanta next Friday that he really wants to see. Dark Tranqullity, Strapping Young Lad, Napalm Death, Nile, and Berserker. Also, in like 3 weeks, King Crimson plays Asheville, NC and Atlanta. I'm tempted to call out of work sick both those nights and see both shows. Maybe I'll have my tax refund in time to buy the tickets.

Originally posted by 97reb
I'm going with my brother to a show in Atlanta next Friday that he really wants to see. Dark Tranqullity, Strapping Young Lad, Napalm Death, Nile, and Berserker.

I'm probably going to head out to that show, too. Should be fun to see Devin Townsend again. :)

--Mike

Hey, Mephistopheles, sorry about them cancelling.

@Wishmaster - I'll look forward to Dark Tranquillity the most I think, but Nile could be good if they stay away from their really short songs (they have some long heavy jams that are cool).

Originally posted by 97reb
@Wishmaster - I'll look forward to Dark Tranquillity the most I think, but Nile could be good if they stay away from their really short songs (they have some long heavy jams that are cool).

I'm not really familiar with Dark Tranquility or Nile's stuff, and, to be honest, I've never heard any Strapping Young Lad. I figured I'd try to go just because Devin was a hoot to hang out with at PP3. :) Sounds like it could be a cool show, though. We'll hafta meet up at some point that night.

--Mike

Since this thread deals with our event, June 13-14, figured I let readers know that anyone who might be waiting to perchase tickets that there will be a February contest. People who buy tickets THROUGH THE WEBSITE (BraveWords.com), prior to March 1, will be eligible to win a prize packagae, consisting of a one year subscription to Brave Words & Bloody Knuckles magazine (or a renewal, if that person already gets mag home delivered) AND one the the BW&BK street hockey jerseys. That's a $100+ value, in US doallars! Odds of winning are dependent upon the number of entries. Cheers!