Finally Cleveland gets a decent festival!!!!

@ Wishmaster - Get ready for the Growl vocals. If you don't like them, then you better get used to them quick. Although, and this is why I think I'll like them, Dark Tranquillity uses some clean vocals and are probably more like Devin Townsend. Some of these bands on the BWBK show are Growly singers. I'm getting used to the good ones. If I think of the vox as some sort of instrument as opposed to singing, which it really isn't, IMO. Not knocking them, just ain't really my thing.

HOly SHIT Candlemass and Trouble the same weekend. I may never be the same again. Now if they could only get Crimson Glory with Midnight!

I see they've added Eidolon also, that will be a great addition.

I've heard part of the Wolf CD Black Wings....Unbelievable. Why isn't anybody hyping that band for ProgPower?????????

There is still one band to be added to Cleveland, right?
The cool thing about this festival is that it is very diverse in metal genres. We have doom, power, prog, classic, death, thrash, etc., and all quality bands.
Great job!!!!!
This is now officially the second best festival in the USA after ProgPower.
Can't wait to be in Cleveland!!!!!

The only thing I see possibly dragging this down is their choice of venue...but then, I doubt they had much choice being their first shot with such obscure bands. Still, I wish I could be there :(.

Riceloft, choice of venue? OK, what would you have suggested? That cavernous Agora, the Phantasy? For a 1000 capacity venue in the city, there IS no other place that offers the first class sound that The Odeon provides or deals with a regular concert crowd. There's a reason touring bands WANT to play there. Were you at the Dio/HammerFall show? Unbelieveable PA clarity! There is also separate room for vendors (back bar) so people can discuss stuff w/ merchants without fighting to be heard. Several bars spaced throughout the club. I'm really at a loss to see such blatant objections to The Odeon.

Sounds like a fantastic venue to me, can't wait!

But what happened to Hypocrisy? Are they off the list now? I only count 11 bands as "confirmed."

Lastly, MGromen, I got to meet & hang out with Beyond The Embrace quite a bit last night in NYC; way cool guys, and they have some very nice things to say about you. Cheers.

The Odeon is a good choice of venue for this show. They could have done it at the Agora if they used the whole facility for it like they do for the World Series of Metal.
I think it will be great. This will be Wolf's first time in North America, so maybe if there is a good turnout (I am sure it will sell out) they will be back.

Hypocrisy was definitely an announced band for this show, and it was right on the BW&BK announcement on their own website. I sure hope their slot is replaced with another extreme band (or 2). Part of what intrigues me so much about this show is the lineup's diversity.

Of course I'd still hold out for Helloween and their rabbits.

Hypocrisy was on the bill.I too hope to see another extreme band on the bill.I love the diversity on this fest.Lets just hope its a real metal band and not some hardcorish crap.

I agree with the 2 post above. OZZFEST has turned into a fucking joke because of all the numetal/hardcore crap that's being pushed, I'd hate to see this festival go that direction

Rest assured, NONE of the bands left on the table to fill out the roster (2 more names still to be added!) are of the hardcore/nu-metal. Will have announcement as soon as bands sign on dotted line.

Well this looks very interesting the 16th is my bday so this would be a nice present to myself. God knows I deserve it.

Bear we will be hooking up once again bro.

I wonder how far of a drive that is from Chicago?

Anyone know what the venue is like? # of seats? good area?

Shreddy

It is a fairly large venue, but not huge. Bands that would sell out the clubs but not pack the stadiums usually play here. There will certainly be no hardcore bands in this line-up.