Finally Got Morningrise!

synergy

tr00bie
Sep 2, 2003
Long Island
Visit site
I know that I am an ass for making this into a seperate thread, but after about a year long search, I found Morningrise today at the front of the rack at Sam Goody. Its obviously the reissue, and Im kind of pissed about the ignorant spelling mistakes- (it says "Mornigrise" on the side of the cd and Anders Nordm is listed as the bassist to name a few) - but all that really matters is that I finally found it.

Only Still Life, MAYH, Orchid, and Damnation to go.

BLackwater86 said:
I know that I am an ass for making this into a seperate thread, but after about a year long search, I found Morningrise today at the front of the rack at Sam Goody. Its obviously the reissue, and Im kind of pissed about the ignorant spelling mistakes- (it says "Mornigrise" on the side of the cd and Anders Nordm is listed as the bassist to name a few) - but all that really matters is that I finally found it.

Only Still Life, MAYH, Orchid, and Damnation to go.

Amazingly I just got Morningrise today too (finally). I discovered Opeth about a month ago with BWP and was blown away so I got Deliverance and Damnation, the only other Cd's I could find in stores. I ordered the other four Cd's and they have been slowly floating in several days or weeks apart. That's probably a good thing because I don't know if I could have handled all of them at once. Pretty overwhelming (and great) stuff. Now I am only waiting for Orchid.

My first impressions of Morningrise were not too good. The production at the start of 'Advent' made me feel like I was listening to a cheap metal album from the late 80's. But about three minutes into it I was sucked in and didn't come up for air until the end. I do love the way the bass seems to be more prominent in the mix on this record. So far 'Black Rose Immortal' is my favorite. Some of the interplay between the two guitars and bass towards the beginning of the song is amazing. Then the a capella folk melody about 8 minutes in followed by the acoustic passages blew me away. Good times.

This might be my second favorite Opeth CD behind 'Deliverance' so far but I somehow get the feeling I have not yet absorbed everything Opeth has to offer on each CD.

I cant comprehend the excitement about Morningrise... Black Rose Immortal is totally chaotic, and it should be divided into at least 2 separate songs. I dont like Advent at all... Nectar and To bid.... kick ass, though. Still M is my least favourite album.