Somewhat of a Sub-thread: Errors on reissues of Orchid and Morningrise

Bleak Eyes

Irrelevant
Jun 16, 2003
Maryland
Visit site
I just got my reissues of Orchid and Morningrise from amazon.com and found a couple of errors that were discussed and were not discussed. Yes, my copy of Morningrise says "Mornigrise" on the side. Also, instead of Anders Nordin, it does in fact say Anders Nordm. Now, on Orchid, instead of In The Mist She Was Standing, it just says In Mist She Was Standing. That's written on the back cover, inside sleeve, and on the CD itself. All of this annoys the hell out of me, just like the fact that there are bonus tracks. I'd just much rather have the original domestic releases or just copies that don't have bonus tracks. Is anyone else annoyed by all of this as well as I?

Bleak Eyes said:
I just got my reissues of Orchid and Morningrise from amazon.com and found a couple of errors that were discussed and were not discussed. Yes, my copy of Morningrise says "Mornigrise" on the side. Also, instead of Anders Nordin, it does in fact say Anders Nordm. Now, on Orchid, instead of In The Mist She Was Standing, it just says In Mist She Was Standing. That's written on the back cover, inside sleeve, and on the CD itself. All of this annoys the hell out of me, just like the fact that there are bonus tracks. I'd just much rather have the original domestic releases or just copies that don't have bonus tracks. Is anyone else annoyed by all of this as well as I?

It is "In Mist She Was Standing" :)

Ha ha, I found more on Morningrise. I was just looking around aimlessly in the sleeve and on the To Bid You Farewell lyrics it says "....every tear is shed..." instead of "...every tear I shed..." Also, Mikael Akerfeldr is the guitarist and vocalist. :loco: On his thanks it says that he thanks the entire "Akerfeldr" family. This is so funny. I'm not even going to check for more. If I come up on it by accident again, I might say something, but not likely because I'm already tired of doing that.

the original orchid has a few errors. the most glaring being the last half of requiem is cut off from its proper place (track 6) and placed as the beginning of the apostle in triumph (track 7). mike a also states that the cd was supposed to be black, but it came out blue instead, and the liner notes are printed in black ink on a white background instead of being white ink on a black background.

the alumnus said:
the original orchid has a few errors. the most glaring being the last half of requiem is cut off from its proper place (track 6) and placed as the beginning of the apostle in triumph (track 7).
i didn't know that! I always thought it's supposed to be like this

the alumnus said:
the original orchid has a few errors. the most glaring being the last half of requiem is cut off from its proper place (track 6) and placed as the beginning of the apostle in triumph (track 7). mike a also states that the cd was supposed to be black, but it came out blue instead, and the liner notes are printed in black ink on a white background instead of being white ink on a black background.

It seriously baffles me that they NEVER fixed these original problems with the Orchid album, but kept reprinting the CDs with the mistakes for years.

morNIGrise annoys me...

I was tempted to return it...

spelling mistakes is the most unprofessional thing I believe, and especially on something produced in such large quantity....
its a stupid mistake too...

:erk:

I also think spelling errors are stupid, but my Morningrise reissue has an even worse error:
On the front cover, there's an about 1 mm wide white line running along one side, like the paper has been cut wrong or the cover art is slightly misplaced. It looks horrible! At least this probably doesn't appear on too many copies.