Finally got my Schecter Jeff Loomis! (Pics & clips)

Ronixis

Rocket surgeon
Dec 1, 2006
Finland
Had to wait for almost 6 months to buy it from a Finnish dealer. I had about $550 worth of "overtime-bonus" in a local instrument store I worked, so I didn't want to buy it from anywhere else. It's the 2010 model. It's also my first 7-string and I'm really happy to be djenting away at last.

I guess this isn't big news for anyone else but me, but I'm just sharing my happines, you know. :lol:

Schecter%20Facebook.jpg

Clip: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/992713/Loomis Riff.mp3

@llanafreak44
I used to have the same principle, thinking that signature guitars were only for the "fanboys who want to sound just like Steve Vai". After awhile, I got a great deal for an used Ibanez JPM100P4 (John Petrucci signature model) and the guitar fitted my playing style and sound demands perfectly. That changed my approach to signature guitars completely.

I was looking through all the Schecter models, and the Loomis was the only model with satin finish on the neck as well as all the other specifications I was lookin for in my next guitar. I would of course prefer a custom guitar built just for me, but when it comes to stock guitars, I have no objection to buying a signature guitar.

Congrats!

I also have no problem buying a signature guitar if it fits what i want and doesn't have a massive band logo on it or anything. Man i wish i could get a PRS Mike Åkerfeldt without the massive logo.

Congrats!

I also have no problem buying a signature guitar if it fits what i want and doesn't have a massive band logo on it or anything. Man i wish i could get a PRS Mike Åkerfeldt without the massive logo.

Hah, I hear you :D I thought the same thing when I saw it. It's a drag that they had to put the logo in the guitar. But also, it's surely intended to be a guitar for the intermediate guitarists rather than the ones aiming for a professional level. So I guess most of the dudes that are just playing at home along cd:s don't mind having a huge Opeth logo on their guitar.

Thanks! It's a good guitar, but still needs a bit of tweaking. I have to loosen the truss rod, but need to wait for my recent adjustments to settle in. I can't wait to get the guitar tweaked to perfection.

Ain't nothin' wrong with a sig if it's a sweet looking/playing/spec'ed guitar that just happens to have been designed by a notable guitar legend! :headbang:

Still don't get why he didn't go with a mahogany body when that's what his Hellraisers were and contributed to "his sound".

I guess he was after a brighter sound... dunno. I love how the Hellraiser sounds thou. Best guitar I own hands down.