Should I trade my Schecter Jeff Loomis for Ibanez RGD2127Z?

Ronixis

Rocket surgeon
Dec 1, 2006
Finland
I haven't been 100 % comfortable with my Schecter, since I've always used Ibanez guitars. I'd like to get a guitar with similar feeling to my Ibanez JPM100P4. I really love how the EMG 707s sound on my Schecter, but I think an Ibanez 7-string would fit me better. Any opinions?

Schecter Jeff Loomis:

schecter_jeff_loomis_front.jpg

Ibanez RGD2127Z:

RGD2127ZISH.jpg

Do you need or want a guitar w/ a tremolo? If yes, then go for it. Schecter + EMG 707 = fail from my personal experience.

Call me stupid, but trading a guitar you don't like for one you like is not something to be thinking about very long. As long as you have the option to try it out before committing to the trade, that is.

^EMG 707's aren't my cup of tea, but Loomis seems to make it work well enough to the point where calling it "fail" is simply out of the question.

I would give this trade two thumbs up... they're likely around the same level quality-wise, so everything else is just personal preferences IMO.

Yes it's a 1:1 trade, I'm selling my guitar at the exact same price as I could get the RGD. But it's a blind pick, since I don't have the possibility to try out the RGD.