Finally got To Welcome...

bourgeoning

New Metal Member
Sep 28, 2002
Visit site
Okay... so I've been a fan ever since I saw ND at Metalfest last year when you played mainstage. I saw you guys again this year (and emailed Paul... you emailed me back... we had a glorious thing... you rock Paul!). So yeah... I've been in heavy anticipation of the new album considering your albums have only gotten better in my opinion. I have never really gotten into "Amid...", but I think each album adds a new dimension of complexity and you bring something new to the table each time and I love you for it. Ever since I heard of plans for the new album, I was trying to say "Okay, there's no way it can be as good as The Knowing, so don't expect it, Dave" (Dave being my name ;) ) but after several listens, I think you might have topped yourselves again. Damn! I've worn out Not The Strong since I downloaded it this Summer, but other than that, every song stands out in its own special way. I really really like "If Forever", "The Spirit Seed", and "Lost In A Day" (even if it sounded TOTALLY different live... that's okay.) I was shocked to see the appearance of the word "fucking" on the album, as I don't recall there being a swear in an ND song before... but it's used well and it shows frustration and disgust, which I can appreciate. I love the emotion in your music... I hate stupid emo bands such as Dashboard Confessional... but I love emotional bands that pull it off well. My other 2 favorite bands (besides Novembers Doom, of course) are Anathema and Opeth who have always used emotion in an extremely wonderful way. Anyway... sorry for the ranting... I just felt like showing my appreciation for wonderful music such as yours. It's kinda funny... after Metalfest last year, I thought you guys sounded interesting, so I picked up "Sculptured..." and decided you were gods. Then, either I was in a cave and The Knowing came out and I didn't realize it, or The Knowing was already out before Metalfest last year and I just didn't know, but I picked up The Knowing and it (amazingly) topped Sculptured... so I had to get Amid, and I was kinda disappointed... but that's okay! To Welcome rocks my world! I think it just might be my favorite Novembers Doom album! It'll take a few weeks to sink in since I just got it yesterday, but it rocks! Oh yeah... I was gonna stop ranting... I guess I'll do that now. Thanks dudes!

Yay! People are buying our stuff. Tingly, I feel.
242803-AA_prod.jpg