bought a Novembers Doom album FINALLY!!!! (well, 2 actually!)

DEEK

Oct 18, 2002
Visit site
Was on The End records looking throught eh mail order stuff, and saw Amid It's Hallowed Mirth on there. so, order it, along with a few other CDs, and it came in yesterday!! listening to it right now!! great stuff, guys!!! (on "Tears of the Beautiful" right now).

and, today, i was at a local record store, and on a whim, looked in the used section originally for Orange GOblin (found The Big Black in there), and right behind it was To Welcome the Fade!!! the one and so far ONLY time i've seen a Novembers Doom cd around here!!! so i picked that one up also!! Can't wait to listen ot it!! (along with about 10 others that i've yet to listen to, :lol: but ND is at the top of the list!)

Amid definitely has a different flavor than the rest of em. I would absolutely recommend picking up The Knowing and Sculptured Ivy. The Knowing, Sculptured and To Welcome continually battle for my favorite ND album. It all depends which one I'm into that week. Generally The Knowing wins out though simply cuz it's the first ND cd I heard.

Originally posted by Novembers Paul
Amid is old. I think you will enjoy "To Welcome the Fade" much more! Thanks for buying them!

hey, no problem!!! i like this type of metal!

well, i don't know. Amid sounds really good. i really like it. maybe because it was at night is the reason i relly liked it, but still. it's a pretty good album! and i'll listen to To Welcom the Fade soon!

and FrostGiant, yea, i'm thinking of getting The Knowing next. thanks for the suggestion!

ok, just a follow up

OK, for some reason and i don't know why, I like Amid It's Hallowed Mirth a little more than To Welcome teh Fade. THere's just something about it, the feel, overall sound, i don't know, but i like that one a little more. But To Welcome the Fade is a better album, I'd say. Great muscianship!!! Definitely one of my top albums of last year! Can't wait for a follow up!

And i'm thinking that i'll get The Knowing next!

Originally posted by NvmbrsDoom5
Thats cool, alot of people out there like the old heavy slow doom stuff we did as compared to our newer sound. As long as you enjoy it, thats great.

yea, like i said, i believe To Welcome teh Fade is a better album, but Amid just has (or missing?) something that makes me like it more, but i can't put my finger on it. but i enjoy both albums equally!