What's your favorite Novembers Doom coverart?

What's your favorite Novembers Doom coverart?

• AMID ITS HALLOWED MIRTH (original)

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • AMID ITS HALLOWED MIRTH (alternate)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • FOR EVERY LEAF THAT FALLS

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • OF SCULPTURED IVY AND STONE FLOWERS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • THE KNOWING

• REFLECTING IN GREY DUSK

• TO WELCOME THE FADE

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • THE PALE HAUNT DEPARTURE

Votes: 16 44.4%
  • THE NOVELLA RESERVOIR

Votes: 11 30.6%

• Total voters

Sadguru

In my dream...
Jan 11, 2004
Canada, Québec
So?

(Edit by Paul) - I thought this would help!

Amid Its Hallowed Mirth (Original)
amidcover1.jpg

Amid Its Hallowed Mirth (Re-Issue)
amidcover2.jpg

Of Sculptured Ivy and Stone Flowers
sculpturedivycover.jpg

The Knowing
knowingcover.jpg

To Welcome the Fade (Original)
fadecover1.jpg

To Welcome the Fade (Re-Issue)
fadecover2.jpg

Reflecting in Grey Dusk
greddusk.jpg

The Pale Haunt Departure
palefrontcover.jpg

The Novella Reservoir
novella.jpg

One of the things that I really like about ND is the fact that they put such importance on the packaging in addition to the music. The covers really seem to reflect the music instead of simply "looking cool".

I love the artwork for Paul Haunt. It is definately one of my favorite CD covers. However, the new one really blew me away. It is creepy as Hell. I cannot wait to see the rest of the booklet!

So, its pretty much a tie, but I voted for The Novella Resevoir.

I've always had something for the To Welcome the Fade cover. It's dark. Always makes me wonder....

<3

Well, I chose THE KNOWING.
Maybe it's because it was the first ND disc I ever owned.
I always recall seeing this disc around town (before I got into ND).
The cover art always intrigued me.
I recall when I first heard it. I was completely blown away.
Not at all what I expected, based on the cover art.
I guess that's why the cover for the Knowing is so memorable for me personally.

TPHD and NR are simply amazing as well. I don't know what I can say about these that hasn't been said already.

Without doubt "The pale haunt departure". A pity t-shirts in European tour weren´t so brilliant. However, I bought one.

I don´t dig too much into "The novella reservoir" cover artwork. I guess and hope entire booklet will be amazing as usual.

I like the monster that's spiked on the back on the To Welcome The Fade album cover, the blue pale one.

But I am obsessed with and in love with the girl I dedicate the songs to.

I'd say The Pale Haunt Departure's cover is my favorite. The bleak autumn landscape with the scarecrow is just very appropriate, for the album and for the band. However, To Welcome The Fade and The Knowing are big runner-ups too, thinking about it now, every cover seems to represent well the music of the album it belongs to, for instance, TWTF having a clear cover with pale colors dominating, and being a more experimental album that I think is the less heavy the band has released. As some have said, the visual packaging is really a plus for the experience of the music.

However, I've never seen a large enough image of the original Amid Its Hallowed Mirth cover to be able to judge, I have the re-release version and not the original.

ahh very cool, thanks Paul.

I voted myself for The Pale Haunt Departure but I would have voted for the book edition of Novella Reservoir.

I just voted for TPHD...I think mostly because it stands out from the rest...I mean the colors are just so vivid...so hard to choose with all the artwork being exceptional. (and I just noticed for the first time that ND's logo is quite different its original form, and is actually quite nice...)

TWTF and TNR are so dark, so capitivating...