Rank the ND full-lengths

Ex-cally-boo said:
It is really just personal preference, no real reason why. It isn't bad, none of the ND albums are bad by any means it just isn't my favorite either. I'd give it a solid 8.5/10 while I'd give "Of Sculptured Ivy..." a 9.5/10

OMG I HAVE CD'S OLDER THAN YOU. NO OFFENSE ITS NICE TO SEE THE YOUNGER GENERATION COMING UP LISTENING TO METAL, BUT IT REALLY MAKES ME FEEL OLD:yow:

Arline said:
OMG I HAVE CD'S OLDER THAN YOU. NO OFFENSE ITS NICE TO SEE THE YOUNGER GENERATION COMING UP LISTENING TO METAL, BUT IT REALLY MAKES ME FEEL OLD:yow:

:lol:

Yeah, ever since 3 years ago when I first got into Metallica and Megadeth I've been addicted to metal. :kickass: But yeah, I'm a young'n

That's pretty impressive to be into bands like Novembers Doom after only 3 years of being exposed to metal......

PM me if you want to learn about some REAL metal (POWER METAL!!!) :lol:

Haha, power metal. I think that was the second subgenre of metal I got into, after thrash, but alongside heavy. I still love some of it like Grave Digger, Rage, Hibria, Sanctuary, etc, even if most of it doesn't tickle my fancy.

Now I'm some Agalloch/Pain of Salvation/Belenos fanboy, and a slave to the somber romances of doom and black metal.

But yeah, it was quite a swift move up the ladder, I think it is because I posted alot on the gamefaqs metal board, where they pushed more "obscure" bands out to everyone, and it became norm for people to switch from Metallica to Holy Terror in a month of posting there.

Heh, I got into ND after five years of listening to metal (late March 2006). I'm also a young one, 16 and a half right now. Most people I know started listening to metal when they came into high school and started with Slipknot or whatever, I started when I was eleven with Metallica (yes, I've been listening to metal for a third of my life now :D)

And actually, now that I think about it, I'm pretty amazed I got into bands like Novembers Doom and My Dying Bride at all, considering I live in Saskatoon and we don't have a very good selection of metal bands when it comes to CDs and concerts here.

dan of bereavement said:
I think it's great to see youngsters into "real" musuic. God, it must be frustrating to see all your buddys listening to gay metalcore. Hails to thw youngins! You are the next generation of our craft! \m/

Agreed. This is why I don't get my panties in a bunch when bands like Dimmu, Cradle, Lacuna Coil, DragonForce, etc gain popularity with the mainstream crowd.

Those with an open mind then will hopefully learn of more bands in the metal underground. Those casual fans who only like what is spoon-fed to them will go away once metal is no longer a trend anyhow.

dan of bereavement said:
I think it's great to see youngsters into "real" musuic. God, it must be frustrating to see all your buddys listening to gay metalcore. Hails to thw youngins! You are the next generation of our craft! \m/

D: I like a good amount of metalcore actually. Nothing like Trivium, Bullet for My Valentine, and other crap bands like that though. Architects, Between the Buried An Me, Ringworm, Overcast, Lye By Mistake. Good interesting, at times innovative metalcore.

But yeah, it annoys me to see my peers listening to Trivium and such stuff, and thinking it is anything close to good music.

Ex-cally-boo -
Hey, like what you like. Don't worry about what sub-genre of metal it is. If it sounds good, and you like it because "YOU" enjoy it, then that's all that matters.

I enjoy the last HIM album, "Dark Light" quite a bit.
I can't tell you the amount of crap I have gotten from people over that one!

Jasonic said:
Hey, like what you like. Don't worry about what sub-genre of metal it is. If it sounds good, and you like it because "YOU" enjoy it, then that's all that matters.

Yes indeed, just look at Jasonic's avatar to see that he practices what he preaches!! :lol:

By the way, when I read the screen name "Ex-cally-boo", it immediately brought to mind Chris Boltendahl on the Grave Digger Excalibur album, since that's exactly how he pronounces it! Is that a coincidence?

Ken

metalprof said:
Yes indeed, just look at Jasonic's avatar to see that he practices what he preaches!! :lol:

Yes I do!!!! You cats would not believe it if you had a peak into my CD, vinyl, cassette collection....

I have Accept, Alkaline Trio, and Anathema all in a row on my CD rack.. :lol:

metalprof said:

By the way, when I read the screen name "Ex-cally-boo", it immediately brought to mind Chris Boltendahl on the Grave Digger Excalibur album, since that's exactly how he pronounces it! Is that a coincidence?

Ken

Yeah, I took it from the title song of the album Excalibur.

Mort Divine said:
D: I like a good amount of metalcore actually. Nothing like Trivium, Bullet for My Valentine, and other crap bands like that though. Architects, Between the Buried An Me, Ringworm, Overcast, Lye By Mistake. Good interesting, at times innovative metalcore.

But yeah, it annoys me to see my peers listening to Trivium and such stuff, and thinking it is anything close to good music.

right on, there is nothing wrong with liking whatever you want. If it does it for you, that's cool. So long as you know where metal started, and you know what good music is. there is nothing wrong with variety in ones music collection. I love Jeff Buckley, Garth Brooks, Mozart, Vivaldi, Metallica, Maiden, Sanctuary, Candlemass, Bolt Thrower and everything in between man. Key is to like what YOU like, and not what the media would like you to like. exactly how Jasonic mentioned.

when our generation was just starting, Metallica was so underground you had to mail order there stuff, people would give me so much shit for it, and now look at metallica! lol! just an example of how much metal has grown, and when it happened. If it wasn't for us (at the time) Young diehard kids spreading the word, it may not be where it is now. look what came from that, Death Metal, Black Metal, Grind Core and Death Doom! I can't wait to see what the next generation of extreame metal will be!
\m/ :headbang: :kickass: