Rank the ND full-lengths

Yeah, it's like the never ending MAIDEN VS PRIEST debate.
Maiden fanboys think Priest is over rates, and vice versa.

To me, I think claiming a band to be under rated holds more credibility than being over rated. As we have said, if you arent a fan of a popular band, you can immediately consider said band to be over rated.

On the contrary, there are MANY underground metal bands who simply have not gotten their just due.....

In all honesty, I feel NOVEMBERS DOOM are extremely under rated. Most likely, being a band from the US, as opposed to Europe, has a lot to do with it.

In the US, there has always been a mystique about bands from across the pond. That is why in the 80s, Priest, Maiden, and Dio sold out arenas, as bands like Trouble, Jag Panzer, and Fates Warning achieved only cult following. I guess that changed in the mid to late 80s with the rise in popularity of the BIG FOUR (Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, and Anthrax).

3) Pale Haunt Departure
1) Of Sculptured Ivory and Stone Flowers
5) To Welcome the Fade
2) The Knowing
4) Amid It's Hollow Mirth

sorry guys, i'm too lazy to type all of them in order so i copied someone else's and just changed the numbers

But I never said anything about underated or overated at all,I respect your opinions guys believe me I do..but Amid is not for me,after I read your posts I'd listen to it again it just gets on my nerves for some weird reason,with all respect to Paul...I don't like his vocals on Amid and the music either,only thing that remains are the female vocals which are quite good I agree and the lyrics...but that's it!!

And I still think TWTF is a brilliant album,for tons of reasons...It was the only album which I found very hard to listen to since day one after I bought it,emotionally speaking..for example "Broken" just totally blow me away I remember I turned it off,cause I couldn't listen to it anymore,it took me days before I found the courage to play it again..TWTF just got all the right ingredients,music,lyrics and vocals..it's a story about hope,despair,sadness,love it's all in there,you can actually feel it if ya listen to it with your heart and soul...I don't know ok,maybe it's again a womens thing..maybe we just experience some music different from men..maybe we just feel it in a different sense....I give up!

What about "Of Sculptured Ivy and Stone Flowers" what does it sounds like? I really haven't got a clue..anyone?

dan of bereavement said:
3) Pale Haunt Departure
1) Of Sculptured Ivory and Stone Flowers
5) To Welcome the Fade
2) The Knowing
4) Amid It's Hollow Mirth

sorry guys, i'm too lazy to type all of them in order so i copied someone else's and just changed the numbers

:lol: Must be mine *ivoryinsteadofivy*

Angeleyes Part II said:
What about "Of Sculptured Ivy and Stone Flowers" what does it sounds like? I really haven't got a clue..anyone?
I'd say its the second most "pure doom" of the albums. The guys are gonna hate me for this :p, but i'd say its also the most my dying bride like album. Its my favorite album by ND. Some really awesome guitar melodies. "The Jealous Sun" is such a great song. Anyway that was kind of a lame review, but I recommend that if you can get your hands on it, do it.

Yeah, other than the "sear me" type riff at the beginning of the album, I never saw too much comparison between it and MDB other than the general fact of them both being doom/death. The kind of chords Eric used, the song structuring, etc. are all quite different from MDB. But that being said, if you're an MDB fan then chances are "Of Sculptured Ivy..." is probably the most likely cd of ours to appeal to you.

I know I've said this before, but anyone who compares this upcoming cd to MDB (or Opeth) really needs to have their heads examined LOL. Or learn a thing or two about music at least ;)

Angeleyes Part II said:
But I never said anything about underated or overated at all,I respect your opinions guys believe me I do..but Amid is not for me,after I read your posts I'd listen to it again it just gets on my nerves for some weird reason,with all respect to Paul...I don't like his vocals on Amid and the music either,only thing that remains are the female vocals which are quite good I agree and the lyrics...but that's it!!

And I still think TWTF is a brilliant album,for tons of reasons...It was the only album which I found very hard to listen to since day one after I bought it,emotionally speaking..for example "Broken" just totally blow me away I remember I turned it off,cause I couldn't listen to it anymore,it took me days before I found the courage to play it again..TWTF just got all the right ingredients,music,lyrics and vocals..it's a story about hope,despair,sadness,love it's all in there,you can actually feel it if ya listen to it with your heart and soul...I don't know ok,maybe it's again a womens thing..maybe we just experience some music different from men..maybe we just feel it in a different sense....I give up!

Well, I think the thing is that people are all unique in their own ways, and stuff like music, film, art, etc. all appeal in different ways to different people. You were very moved by TWTF, which is nice to hear! But "Amid..." didn't appeal to you at all. Whereas other people are moved by "Amid..." for whatever personal reasons, but not so much by TWTF, and so on.

There've been many people who've criticised that we've changed too much over the years from album to album. But personally I'm proud of the fact that we have a catalog of music that has the ability to appeal to different peple on different levels, rather than just staying in one small musical space and doing the same thing over and over just to appeal to one small niche of people. Our music changes over time, not because of trends or anything, but because we change as people and the music reflects where we're at, at the time we write it. It's good to know that there's so many different people with different perspectives who are able to click with at least one or two of our cds at one time or another, even if they don't like everything we've done or where we're heading.

Oh and don't think anything I've said is meant to be defensive or negative towards you Angeleyes, nor anyone else on this thread! I respect and enjoy everyone's opinions about our different cds and how they rank them in their own personal tastes. It's all very interesting to read!

1.-To Welcome the Fade
2.-The Knowing
3.-The Pale Haunt
4.-Of Sculptured...
5.-Amid...
6.-Oops! I did it again

Pretty impressive discography in my opinion. If the incoming album is as good as the others probably ND are becoming a fucking LEGEND !!!! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAaaaaaahhhhh!! groar !

NvmbrsDoom5 said:
More like Dragonforce meets Rock Goddess. LOFL
All of a sudden I'm not so sure about the preview request anymore. It might get awkward sitting there, trying to keep a straight face.
Are you playing any new songs on the November tour? :zombie:

:p

Haha, don't worry the new record sounds nothing like Dragonforce or Rock Goddess, though I admit I'm a fan of both (I like Rock Goddess much more though ;) )

New songs on the tour? Well I don't know, we'll just have to wait and see won't we? *hint hint*

NvmbrsDoom5 said:
Haha, don't worry the new record sounds nothing like Dragonforce or Rock Goddess, though I admit I'm a fan of both (I like Rock Goddess much more though ;) )
I got the drift, Larry. For some reason though, people take me seriously when I'm talking nonsense. I do get that every now and then. Mmmm, maybe I should talk less nonsense...? ;)

NvmbrsDoom5 said:
New songs on the tour? Well I don't know, we'll just have to wait and see won't we? *hint hint*
Gnagna, gotcha! <rubs hands in anticipation>

Jasonic said:
While I am a MANOWAR fanboy, I was hoping for more of a RHAPSODY influence.
Whenever I see the name Rhapsody I always have to think of a video they have where they're in front of a castle doing their thing and there's a sort of re-enactment sword fight going on. At a given point (a few, actually) they film in frog perspective (that's what we call it - filmed in an upward angle from ground level, that is) and you see traces of planes in the sky. Man, that really tears the whole thing apart. I have to laugh every time I see that - which admittedly isn't all that often.

Lionfrost said:
I got the drift, Larry. For some reason though, people take me seriously when I'm talking nonsense. I do get that every now and then. Mmmm, maybe I should talk less nonsense?

No, I got the drift that you were talking nonsense. Sometimes people think I'm being serious when in fact I'm being silly as well.